Kawaski Versys 650
Suzuki Burgman 400
Yamaha MT-07
Should never have sold the Adventurer it was the 500 twin not the modern 900
or the BMW R850R and Velocett MAC
Looking for a Moto Guzzi Novo Falconi.

Last edited:

Rouqui

Ralph - I concede! far more bikes than me, 43 vs 23. Some the same, Harris Matchless, Commando, BSA single, Morini and Honda RS, and quite a few I would like to have owned like the Adventurer 500, ES2 and Velo MAC. I once looked at getting the DKW. I reckon the MT-07 is a spiritual successor to the Morini

Phil_B

Blimey, there are some big and interesting lists here! Ralph has the most bikes, but Anders is missing a kidney!

D

Deleted member 20

Did a booking of order payment on a MT-07 in January. One month later the dealer went bust and I was about to loose my £11K. I speeded down to the dealer the same day and got my hand on the last bike in store, a new MT-09. Then sold the MT-09 for £1K less than I paid and booked a new MT-07 order with another dealer.
In case someone was puzzled by the numbers above, I got it all wrong :)
Was about to loose 11K SEK and lost 1K SEK by buying/selliing the MT-09. That is one tenth what I initially posted,,,

...and that lost kidney got me 50K SEK from the insurance company, enough to buy me my first Porsche, when I still was 18 years old. Two years later I crashed that Porsche totally :)

...Porsche insurance money bought me a 1964 Chris Craft Holiday V8 mahogany racer boat. That one sunk three years later, and for the insurance money,,,

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph

Still have the Morini, and the Burgman, not got a MT yet but intend swapping the Burgman for one,
don't intend making the mistake of selling the Morini, when Morini came back a few years ago the
MT is what they should have made instead of the big thirsty V twins they did.

josh.e.knight

Hey everyone! First post here - but here goes!

For Riding History, it's about as short as you can get. CBT in March, Mod 1 completed two weeks ago, and Mod 2 (miraculously) passed last Thursday... So, in essence, it's a Honda CG 125 for the CBT, and a Suzuki Gladius (SFV650) during the Direct Access. In the time it takes for me to wait for my MT07 to arrive, I've borrowed my father's Yamaha Custom 125, which I swear is heavier, larger and more cumbersome than the 650s we were riding in the DAS.

So, I thought - might as well go for the best possible bike available after Direct Access, and ended up falling in love with the '07! :)

Will145

You've made the right choice! Especially looking at some of the lists above with the experienced bikers choosing the mt-07! Oh and Anders - you sound like you've certainly lived your life! Much respect!

J-dan

My first bike was a aprilia rs50 at 16 back in 2009. After that I had:
Derbi gpr 125
I then passed my A2 restricted to 33bhp
Cagiva mito
dr350
Aprilia Rx125
Aprilia Rs125
Cbr125
Xt350
Sv650
Cbr125 again (great little bike)
Cagiva mito Again (best bike I have ever ridden so fast round the bends) unfortunately I low sided at 60 and smashed the fairings and a week later it seized on me
tzr125 which seized on the way home from buying it
gpz500
Cagiva planet 125
Current bikes are:
1993 Honda cbr600F
and the MT-07
As you can see I am a big fan of the 125cc class. I hope to buy cagiva mito again as they are just simply amazing

Steve

Well I passed my test in 2000 and bought a Honda hornet 600

Had it a week and stripped the paint off the wheels polished them up polished swing arm, renthal bars, sintered pads, huggers belly pans blue chain projector lights exhaust bigger sprocket on the back went up 4 teeth on the back 2 down on the front, did some lessons with jimmy fire blade at his wheel school to learn to fool about.

I always liked the Streetfighter style if I'm honest.

Sold that for a buell XB9r had that 6 months took it to the Assen Gp was horrific as a touring bike lol it got damaged with panniers and walking it's self off the side stand so I had to gave it a custom paint job full race kit and tune but sold it about 6 months later for a track spec yamaha wr425 whole thing was carbon was a demo project for a carbon company that used to race it about.

Good fun supermoto but not at all usable day to day.

Then as I matured a bit and started to become more responsible I bought a Z750 in black and tarted it up, never could get on with it, I think as I got more responsible I kinda felt it didn't suit my riding style and it also lacked grunt for easy riding and seemed to struggle a bit when you wanted to squirt the power on.

I was having some fun with a guy on the way back from work one evening he was on a supermoto and he was getting more and more reckless in built up areas so I let him showboat and I was riding normally but he ended up hitting a car head on it shook me up a lot,, he lost control while pulling a wheelie in a 30 zone on a corner!? time and a place springs to mind......

Really silly riding keep that crap on a track or country lanes where your alone not in built up areas.

Anyway on my way back into work the next morning I saw another guy being picked up and his bike was all over the road.
It made me think about things as I'd just had kids and still got the urge to fool about on back roads when nobody was about and it just all got to me and I sold the bike and all my kit that weekend!

I've decided to get into biking for various reasons,

1. I miss it, the freedom and feeling only a biker knows
2. I feel I have a lot more to lose so don't have the urge to ride silly
as I have to much to lose these days I just want to enjoy the bike not hospital food.
3. it's economical !!! (see I told you i was growing up!)
4. it looks great
5. I really miss the smell of a bike burning fuel lol
6. traffic is a pain in the ass and I'm not a patient kinda guy :)

I'm a summer rider I want to use it on sunny days and ride with my mates out her away in winter around late Sep till March, I hate cold crappy riding, that's what the cage is for.