Yamalube?

Koray

Hi guys
Im wondering how good are yamalubes? Which engine oils are you using and why? If you have technical knowladge please feel free to share. When i hit to 1.000 km yamaha tech service used yamalube.
People say Motul is the best what do u think ?

Last edited:

Larskiainen

Hi guys
Im wondering how good are yamalubes? Which engine oils are you using and why? If you have technical knowladge please feel free to share. When i hit to 1.000 km yamaha tech service used yamalube.
People say Motul is the best what do u think ?
They told me at local yamaha service if they dont use yamalube the warranty will be canceled (obviously no one can figure it out but it's the "deal"). He also mentioned that yamalube is same like any quality oil for example castrol but only carry different name. Someone correct if im wrong or actually if the service guy is wrong.

The best motorcyclist is the living one.

Mushymi5

The other day, I noticed the oil level was below the marker, so I called my dealer and he advised the oil was semi synthetic 10w40 and putoline make. I asked why they don't use yamalube and they said you don't have to for warranty and it's better oil anyway.

I'm not sold and going to drop it out and put castrol power in.

D

Deleted member 20

Any brand full synth 4-stroke motorcycle 10w40 oil with JASO:MA2 / API:S_ specification will do. Shop for price. Cheapest full synth is always better than any half ass blend of mineral and synth. Other temp range than 10w40 if you intend to ride in unusual cold or hot climate.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 20

You can mix and match any full or semi synth oil (proper spec above) from any brand. Engine is happy as long as has oil and Yama warranty is valid no matter what brand.

Phil_B

The other day, I noticed the oil level was below the marker, so I called my dealer and he advised the oil was semi synthetic 10w40 and putoline make. I asked why they don't use yamalube and they said you don't have to for warranty and it's better oil anyway.

I'm not sold and going to drop it out and put castrol power in.
My local bike engineers use Putoline and put this in come service time. Sport 4 is the recommended spec and decent stuff!

DJP

I expect that Yamalube is perfectly OK - it'll only be a repackaged oil from one of the major manufacturers anyway. But no one around here stocks it - not even the Yamaha dealer!

My local dealer stocks Mobil oils and apparently used Mobil 1 at the first service.

I don't know if I'll carry on using that or revert to my usual Motul 5100 once the warranty's up.