Yamaha / MT07 / Acceleration Test

cosmikdebriis

[video=youtube_share;NrpLVIZ4kVI]http://youtu.be/NrpLVIZ4kVI[/video]

Just added it as a direct link. Hope you don't mind.

dazzor

So 0-62mph in 3.3 seconds.....are we saying that's about as good as it gets without performance enhancing mods?

BTW, 3.3 seconds seems pretty dam good to me, considering the class this bike is being bracketed in.

sdrio

So 0-62mph in 3.3 seconds.....are we saying that's about as good as it gets without performance enhancing mods?

BTW, 3.3 seconds seems pretty dam good to me, considering the class this bike is being bracketed in.
I like to point out to people it does 0-60 just a shade quicker than a Lamborghini Murcielago.

dazzor

Good point. We're only as fast as the cheap Murcielagos.
Ha ha, I honestly didn't know, just looked on Wiki and saw the various versions........so a tad quicker off the mark than a 540bhp sports car.....that will do considering I'm buying one of these as a sensible step down from some of the bikes I have attempted to commute on.....Fireblade, KTM Supeduke, Benelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer.......man the TNT was a money-pit mistake :)

God bless a well set-up twin is all I can say.

sdrio

Ha ha, I honestly didn't know, just looked on Wiki and saw the various versions........so a tad quicker off the mark than a 540bhp sports car.....that will do considering I'm buying one of these as a sensible step down from some of the bikes I have attempted to commute on.....Fireblade, KTM Supeduke, Benelli TNT 1130 Cafe Racer.......man the TNT was a money-pit mistake :)

God bless a well set-up twin is all I can say.
I used to commute on a Fireblade. I used to do some really silly things on that bike.

dazzor

I used to commute on a Fireblade. I used to do some really silly things on that bike.
Me and you both by the sounds of it.

I learned the long and painful way....the makings of another thread in a different section methinks.

Last few years it's been a FZ6, then a Hornet, then a Street Triple-R (I was still in denial even a year ago) then down to XJ6N.

The XJ6 was a cheap stop gap after a nice cab driver tried to end things for me on the Striple.

Hoping the more docile side of this mid-range twin will encourage the sensible rider I am trying to foster in me.

Last edited:

sdrio

Me and you both by the sounds of it.

I learned the long and painful way....the makings of another thread in a different section methinks.

Last few years it's been a FZ6, then a Hornet, then a Street Triple-R (I was still in denial even a year ago) then down to XJ6N.

The XJ6 was a cheap stop gap after a nice cab driver tried to end things for me on the Striple.

Hoping the more docile side of this mid-range twin will encourage the sensible rider I am trying to foster in me.
I think you'll like the difference between the 07 and the XJ6.

It has pretty much the same BHP, but a lot more torque. It's def more relaxed, you don't need to change gear anything like as much.

Fuel gremlins and iffy saddle aside, it's an outstanding commuter.

dazzor

I think you'll like the difference between the 07 and the XJ6.

It has pretty much the same BHP, but a lot more torque. It's def more relaxed, you don't need to change gear anything like as much.

Fuel gremlins and iffy saddle aside, it's an outstanding commuter.
Yeah, looking forward to that call from my dealer

I've sold the XJ6, so I'm down to my trusty old NTV650. She's old and tatty but I'll never sell her.

It would be nice to get 180 miles out of a tank so I only need full up once a week; about 7 miles of my journey is semi quick carriageway work, the rest traffic-esque.

Do you think I'll squeeze that out of a tank?

Last edited:

sdrio

Yeah, looking forward to that call from my dealer

I've sold the XJ6, so I'm down to my trusty old NTV650. She's old and tatty but I'll never sell her.

It would be nice to get 180 miles out of a tank so I only need full up once a week; about 7 miles of my journey is semi quick carriageway work, the rest traffic-esque.

Do you think I'll squeeze that out of a tank?
No, I don't think so. Not commuting into London.

Mine goes onto reserve between 110 - 125. Guesses for reserve range are 30 - 40 miles, so realistically the range is about 150.

High speed runs seem to give you about another 7mpg, from what I can tell. You might get 160 total.

dazzor

No, I don't think so. Not commuting into London.

Mine goes onto reserve between 110 - 125. Guesses for reserve range are 30 - 40 miles, so realistically the range is about 150.

High speed runs seem to give you about another 7mpg, from what I can tell. You might get 160 total.
Thanks.

As I thought then, two fill-ups a week. Oh well, I can't have it all.

I'm mostly likely getting my Givi V46 fitted. I'll do what I usually do with any new bike....

Fill up a 2-litre coke bottle with petrol, keep it stowed in my top box and run that baby dry to see just how many miles I can get. Do that maybe 3 times, take the average and workout what 10% less equates to in miles and use that as my safety margin, using the good old tripometer.

dazzor

Sorry to the OP; this is a thread about rapid acceleration and here I am bleating on about fuel economy, oops! :)

Last edited:

amavro

Excellent ,now I feel a lot better because the bike I wanted to buy Honda integra 750 does this in 5,5 secs .
Also that explains why I beat this Porsche yesterday ...never mind about Lamborghini ,they are cheap Italian slow cars .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dazzor

Excellent ,now I feel a lot better because the bike I wanted to buy Honda integra 750 does this in 5,5 secs .
Also that explains why I beat this Porsche yesterday ...never mind about Lamborghini ,they are cheap Italian slow cars .

So you're happy with your 07 then? :)

amavro

I feel great even today that we had 37 degrees in Athens , i went to new customer meeting sweating and waited 10m to cool down before my entry .
It was a bit annoying but on my way there and return was absolute fun .