Yamaha frame sliders.

Tommeke

Installed the side sliders from Yamaha yesterday. If anyone is interested, I'll take some pics to give an idea how they look and fit on the bike .

Tommeke

There you go. I hope they're oke. Took them with my phone. In the pic where u see me pointing , I had to adapt the cover. If it 's not really clear ask and I will use a camera to make other shots...

Grts

Attachments

Knawful

Yeah, I'll save my coin and get frame sliders me think's.
Cheer's for the pic's though. :thumbs

Tommeke

Sliders always look bad. But they're not as hidious as the ones on the frame. Only if you look from the front [emoji12]
And I like my engine protected not my plastic...

It s a matter of taste.

Butt just wanted to show you how they look ( not much info on the net)

sven11

I got them as well. Was disappointed they are not symmetrical, also are bigger then in the photos on the net. How do you find the quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommeke

Was not impressed neither was I disappointed. It is the inside that's supposed to protect and that looks quite good. Was suprised whit the mt 07 inscription though. Cause the sliders are quite universal for Yamaha

Tommeke

I'm oke. The bike is not to bad either. Will make some pics tommorow. Her handlebars are crooked I'm afraid and the gearshifter also

Tommeke

Don't know not fast, maybe 50km/h . She slides for like 4 or 5m . The handle bars seem to be fine, its the attachment that's crooked

Tamura

Hi Tommeke,

Sorry to see the scratches ((, but the engine looks unaffected and that's cool, isn't? Just imagine the result without the sliders! )

I also installed sliders from SW-Motech (Frame Slider Kit. Black. Yamaha MT-07 (14-). - SW-MOTECH und BAGS-CONNECTION) and wheel spindle bobbins from Evotech (Yamaha MT-07 Front Fork Spindle Bobbins | Honda Bike Parts). They already protected the bike in my several falls during moto-gymkhana practice.

For the next season I will replace the replacable hard-plastic part of sliders... and also will try to find nice-looking handlebar guards as my new ASV levers were also scratched.

Well that's the price we have to pay for discovering the new limits... )

Tommeke

Got suprised by wet leaves.

Butt got lucky and the bike isn't damaged to much and I'm oke myself.
If you don't want to fall off, don't get on it right. Now I'm gonna put on foldable levers I guess, since the original plied towards the handlebars

NastyMosquito

Hi,
I feel sorry for your bike and Im happy you are in one piece.Plastics are piece of cake-thankfully you got sliders mounted so the engine is 100%ok:)
I would recomend you short levers:
D
They are much better than stock ones.Done over 3000km with them onboard:)

Tommeke

Hi,
I feel sorry for your bike and Im happy you are in one piece.Plastics are piece of cake-thankfully you got sliders mounted so the engine is 100%ok:)
I would recomend you short levers:
D
They are much better than stock ones.Done over 3000km with them onboard:)
I installed v trec foldable levers now. Hope I don't crash again, but in case off the should fold back and not bend. Fingers crossed