Windscreen, Topbox and sliders

1a2a3a

Hi guys, would appreciate some advice over here.
Im thinking of getting some accessories for mt07, namely the 3 component in the thread title.

I have narrowed down some selection choices and would appreciate some inputs and advice that would help me to make my decision easier.

Windscreen(Prefer aesthetic):
DPM
Rizoma
Ridea
(btw whats the difference between polycarbonate and aluminum?)

TopBox(Prefer aesthetic):
Aluminum GIVI
Aluminum TRAX (explorer)

Slider(Prefer quality):
Motovation
Rizoma

Thanks in advance man!

Eddieh93

Polycarbonate is like plastic aluminium is metal :p

Out of the three I prefer the Rizoma screen.
Don't think this bike is meant for panniers
and sliders are awful apparently don't give an awful lot of protection i recommend going for the R+G crash bobbins.

D

Deleted member 20

Meant for panniers or not, If you like the MT07 for it's low weight, fun engine, low cost of ownership and at the same time like to go on motorcycle holidays it can (as any other motorcycle) easily take on 120 L of hard luggage as long as you don't pack bricks in them. Some 30 kilos is no problem at all. It's like having a kid as pillion.

View attachment 2284

addy

So you want a screen for aesthetics and not for any practical purpose?

As you are adding top boxes then I would go with the rizoma screen, the other screens are more aggressive and will look wrong with boxes.

1a2a3a

Yep, I stuck between rizoma and ridea screen. Kind of angling towards rizoma.

What about boxes and slider/crashbar? what brands do you guys reckon?

Ralph

The 380 mm Power Bronze screen on mine produces no buffeting at any speed I ride,
keeps crap and rain out of the backs of the clocks and ignition switch and likely other bits,
seems to keep water out of my lap and strangely seeing as it goes nowhere near them off my gloves,
and is a handy place to mount a power connector for the GPS and stuff it's also a good place to chuck
things like gloves when parked up, handy things screens even small ones.

D

Deleted member 20

But exactly what differs from a plastic and aluminum screen?
What could it possibly be??? One start with a P the other with an A? Different melting point? One could be transparent, the other not? Only one of them can be used as a camping pan to fry eggs and bacon for breakfast?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph

What could it possibly be??? One start with a P the other with an A? Different melting point? One could be transparent, the other not? Only one of them can be used as a camping pan to fry eggs and bacon for breakfast?
Mmmmmmmm bacon.

sdrio

Didn't Scotty once earn his bus fare home by travelling back in time and selling the recipe for transparent aluminium to some guys at NASA?

Might have been something different, but fact is in the future, transparent aluminium exists.

Noggie

Didn't Scotty once earn his bus fare home by travelling back in time and selling the recipe for transparent aluminium to some guys at NASA?

Might have been something different, but fact is in the future, transparent aluminium exists.
Yes he did. Not sure you could actually call it aluminum though, it was a formula for a very dense lightweight material. Probably closer to polycarbonate :)
Aluminum is a metal and and is refined.
Scotty's aluminum is an artificial substance, not a metal alloy.

But I guess you have to give the sci-fi writes some wiggle room in their stories.

That was the movie when they had to go back in time to get that whale :)

I think if my head was to be flung against something I would prefer a "flexible" plastic part rather that a rigid aluminum part.