What's going wrong with you bike

kosia

Today I have noticed that my average fuel consumption is 99.9 wtf? [emoji31]
I want some explanations

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

bobh

Try a reset by disconnecting the battery briefly. You'll lose any stored trip info, but it looks as if that's highly suspect anyway!

kosia

Try a reset by disconnecting the battery briefly. You'll lose any stored trip info, but it looks as if that's highly suspect anyway!
If I do that I will lose my fuel adjust that I did cause I have exhaust and filter DNA stage 2?

kosia

Is that average, or current?

Try starting the engine and driving it.
Is average and what are you saying?I do that and the same things again

sdrio

Does it do that when you're riding?

I'm not at home now so can't check mine, but is that a 'live' l/km reading, which tells you what your consumption is as you are riding? It will change as you speed up, slow down and change gear.

In which case, it isn't an average, and if you check it when the bike is not moving (as it is in your photo) it will not be correct.

To be honest, these things aren't very accurate anyway. I keep tabs on fuel consumption by resettng the trip meter when I fill up, and dividing distance by litres when I fill up. That gives a true figure, and it never agrees with what the on board computer says.

kosia

Does it do that when you're riding?

I'm not at home now so can't check mine, but is that a 'live' l/km reading, which tells you what your consumption is as you are riding? It will change as you speed up, slow down and change gear.

In which case, it isn't an average, and if you check it when the bike is not moving (as it is in your photo) it will not be correct.

To be honest, these things aren't very accurate anyway. I keep tabs on fuel consumption by resettng the trip meter when I fill up, and dividing distance by litres when I fill up. That gives a true figure, and it never agrees with what the on board computer says.
Is average fuel consumption but why 99.9l/100 how I can reset it or something

Ralph

Press the button to change the display, then press the other button to get it back to AVE were it is now then wile the display is still
flashing press and hole the left button. it should go to - - - you will then have to ride the bike about a KM and it should start to work.

kosia

Press the button to change the display, then press the other button to get it back to AVE were it is now then wile the display is still
flashing press and hole the left button. it should go to - - - you will then have to ride the bike about a KM and it should start to work.
I will try and tell you if it works

kosia

It work thank you

Sjokoz

Any change you recently reached 4294km on your bike? :rolleyes:

Apparently the AVE fuel usage uses a 32bit unsigned integer to keep the distance in millimeters. Once that overflows it will show 99,9L/100km.

2^32 = 4,294,967,296mm = 4296km.

bobh

It measures the distance in MILLIMETERS? Obviously not designed by an old-fashioned slide-rule engineer, then! :eek:

Ralph

Measures the distance so accurately and still manages to get the fuel consumption so wrong.

msesma

I have 4.300Km in my bike and I have never reset the consumption meter, so as soon as I read your comments I turn on my bike to verify it:
That correct :)

So the meter firmware has a bug. Fortunately it is enough to reset the consumption meter at least once every 4.000Km to avoid it, but we can contact Yamaha in order to get the meter firmware upgraded if possible.

trege

I had same issue last year. I it might be that there was 4294km on clock at this time :) I was lil upset about this issue at the time, but I forgot it soon :)

Reset of the avg fixed the problem.