what coolant do you use?

Apexs

noticed my coolant was getting low, though its really hard to see the level!, what coolant does everyone use? what mix and how often do you find you need to top up?

Ralph

50/50 anything that's the same colour and safe for aluminium engines but if it's just a small amount just use distilled or
de ionised water, yes it's a pig to see the level a light behind the tank helps, no mines not used a drop, check the hole
nr the bottom of the water pump for leaks also any clips to see if they are tight, monitor the water temp for a ride see
if it's getting hot usually run about 80c will rise in traffic if it's getting think it's about 117c check if the fan cuts in.

P

Peter

My bike is 1.5 yo/10k km and the level of the coolant is constant.
New bike shouldn't loose liquid. Maybe there were an air bubble.

sash

my bike has done 3000km and lost about half of the coolant in the bottle over our summer here in aus....( 40+ deg days....)

Ralph

Mines not moved but it's no were near as hot here, keep it topped up but just have a look
under the water pump there is a drain hole look for coolant dripping some have had water
pumps under warranty. also check the radiator fins are not full of crud especially if you don't have
a fender extender.