Water cooling pipes on the side of the engine

badger27

Been giving jezabel a good fettle after the Winter.. Noticed a bit of salt on the black pipes from the water pump to the radiator so I gave them a good scrub with a damp cloth. Bit sure if it's too my horror or delight but they have come up bright silver.
Now I'm not sure if I want to lacquer them or paint them with high temperature enamel.
Any suggestions

sdrio

A few people have mentioned these after the recent cold weather.

Seems they're painted with something completely useless for the position they're in. Mine and several other peoples are permanently corroded now.

When (if) I can be bothered I'm planning to get mine powder coated.

badger27

1 tin of Halfords high temp satin finish enamel and my water pipes look better than when i took delivery :).
might whip the calipers off and do them as well cant have the old girl looking shabby now

Torque

1 tin of Halfords high temp satin finish enamel and my water pipes look better than when i took delivery :).
might whip the calipers off and do them as well cant have the old girl looking shabby now
Did you drain the system and remove the pipes before painting or did you paint them in situ? Also have you any photos you are willing to post? I'm interested because mine are shabby and I may consider doing the same.

badger27

i just rubbed down with fine wet n dry to remove the blisters and painted over
Did you prep them at all? Mine are covered in white unremovable (with a sponge) blisters.

Wonder if they need a bit of rubbing down first?

badger27

i just rubbed down with fine wet n dry to remove the blisters and painted over DSC_0221.jpg
Did you prep them at all? Mine are covered in white unremovable (with a sponge) blisters.

Wonder if they need a bit of rubbing down first?

badger27

Would be a better way I think sdrio week be giving mine a second coat after another gentle rub down. Thinking of doing top and bottom of rad to