Ultimate extra for you riding

Noggie

Saw this about a year ago, was a little interested at that time, now not so much.

Think the first batch was 1500usd.
Not sure if the second batch is in production yet.
I signed up for a newsletter but never received one, though it may have been blocked by a spam filter.

Eddieh93

If you buy now delivery for March 2016 for $1499USD!!

Slightly expensive for my liking for a helmet you drop once by accident and it needs replacing!

D

Deleted member 20

In my opinion just another very expensive toy and gadget. I'll pass.

D

Deleted member 20

One shell size from xxs to xxl, only fitted with different liners and pads. I prefer my Shoei.

KEVINJSTANLEY

keep the info coming boys as it can only help in making a informed choice, but anders that is a interesting point you make

KEVINJSTANLEY

that would be useful Noggie. it is a worry that you can't try before you buy. I do suppose you could send back but as it appears to be American import, .... I forsee a world of pain

sdrio

One shell size from xxs to xxl, only fitted with different liners and pads. I prefer my Shoei.
This is also my objection to it.

It's a $1,500 helmet. Take off $500 for the funky gadgets they put in it, it's a $1,000 helmet. Take off another $500 for the hype, it's a $500 helmet.

Take off the fact it relies on you to correctly finish assembling it, which you may not do properly, and it's a wobbly $500 helmet that doesn't really fit, thus doesn't really work.

It's a great idea, and an alternative to mirrors is very appealing, but if it doesn't meet the basic requirement of protecting your head in a crash, it's a bit of a daft thing to buy.

D

Deleted member 20

Not saying that the Scully is a bad thing, it's just not for me.
● My Shoei helmet is perfect as helmet (function, comfort, safety).
● My $200 Scala Rider Q3 headset does it's job and is transferable if I want /need to swap helmet or vice versa. Will Scully replace Scala? Can I still talk to my mates?
● My $150 Garmin 6.3" GPS must be more versatile and feature rich than what the Scully can offer? Also replaceable and transferable between bikes.
● My mirrors are free and I would never ride without them, would a rear view camera be a good complement or just a distraction from on what's in front of me?

Sorry for being a boring old fart...

KEVINJSTANLEY

eh fellas..perhaps I have too much spare cash or not depending on her indoors...but to me it is the fact that you have a apache style helmet that gives you something not many other want or can justify. can you imagine a heads up display in your helmet showing you your satnav phone messages and rear camera... no more sneaky coppers :) ] I would still keep my mirrors,,,

I have the scala and it is a nice bit of kit as is the tom tom I use, but a all in one gadget is cool as hell.
that said...... like Anders said it has to fit comfortably and safely ... will it tho , that will have to tried to confirm.
so for about £1000 I would take a gamble on it.......I would however prefer a UK distributor to ensure my consumer rights.

gregjet

I AM waiting for a good heads up display. Something that should be on cars and bikes as far as I am concerned. So long as it works properly. Especially one you can focus at infinity then I would be able to read my instruments properly without swapping glasses to my reading ones ( which I find somewhat tiresome at 100kph in a full face helmet.)