Top Box & Rack Recommendations?

abcdefc21

You're right, also, in real life the size looks fine, but when I take a pic, it can sometimes look big, but overall, I'm very pleased.

I'm mainly around London, and yes, sensible (ish) speeds.
I've had a few bags of shopping in it, all well, also been at higher speeds and so far so good

Wouldn't load it with bricks, (if you know what I mean) although saying that years back I did put a load of marble tiles in my ol fazers top box...what a stupid mistake that was, I was practically wheelying home, I kid you not, what a numpty...learnt my lesson though ;)
hi cisco, do you have detail pics of rack and plate, because i consider to buy a givi top box, but i worried it is hard to fit it together wit yamaha rack, thanks!!

Ralph

Mine is always loaded to some extent likely close to the recommended max
very likely over many times who knows never weighed anything but have
never noticed the tail waging the dog at any speed.

bugeyes

Thank's for all the input on racks.
It made me decide on the sw motech rack with a 40l Givi box and the monokey adapter, planning to mount it tonight.

bugeyes

Got it on but I ran into various problems during the way there.
First the tidytail I have was a little bit wide at the top and that made it hard to get the four screws aligned with the tread in the frame. I ended up ruining the tread in one of the holes, drilled trough it and used double locknots from above. Sounds easy but it wasn't as the material was very hard to drill trough, took me a lot of time and two roundtrips to the hardware store to get longer screws and more drillbits.
Finally very late in the evening and tired and a bit frustrated I had it all in place, just wanted to take out the allen bolts for the passenger pegs again to put som treadlock on them. One of them did not go in easily and tired and stupid a just put some more force to it and of cause cracked the bolt :(. It cracked near the head so it now acts as a peg to hold it all in place while the other one holds it in. I dare not mess with it and will have some pro mech get it out for me or just live with it.
It's on anyway and it's good to have storage on the bike, looks OK.