Test ride

TJ63

I had a test ride on the MT-07 last Saturday, and have already placed my order.

I've been looking for a while for something to replace my 12 year old Fazer 1000 (a great bike, and very quick).

I took the MT-07 out for about an hour , on familiar roads. I found it very light and comfortable, it handled very well and was quicker than I expected. The handling was quite a surprise - with the same size tyres as the Fazer, I thought it might have been a bit slow steering, but it's very flickable.

The engine is a peach - it will pull easily from 3,000 revs, but happily rev up to 10,000. There's a nice bit of engine braking too, which I like (my other bike is a single). Second gear is geared very low (probably for the wheelie merchants ;)) - most junctions and roundabouts could be negotiated in third.

I didn't get any discomfort at all in the hour I was out.

The wind blast at high speeds (90+) makes you hold on a bit, but that's to be expected. I would love to hear one with the Akrapovic exhaust which is an optional extra - the standard one is a bit quiet. Also, if you want to take a pillion regularly, this is probably not the bike for you, as there are no grab rails.

There's a good catalogue of Yamaha accessories, so I'm looking forward to tricking the bike up a bit when I get it.

All in all a great bike at a fantastic price.

Can't wait!

TJ

D

Deleted member 20

Sounds good, just as I expected. My MT-07 (or rather my wife's) will arrive next week.

badger27

got mine on order dealer told me may as well unless i wanted the red model.which i dont

on the upside i dont take my mod 2 until april so may is ok ....for now

badger27

badger27

had to test ride in a car park which was odd but she felt and behaved very well so i thought hey lets buy it :)

badger27

yes pal cmc has been my second home last few weeks while i debated the mt07 or sv650....mt won a it was so easy to get on with

loneranger

I agree the mt07 is a quality, value for money bike. I am new rider and when I rode it I found I was able to control it well and it was so light. It looks superb also with that big fat rear tyre. Ive added a alarm to mine as I am sure people will be eyeing it up. Alarm costing me £299 fitted by Yamaha. Think its money well spent. One thing I noticed was the plastic moulding on the tank had an allen key bolt on it. I reckon its for an accessory down the road or something.

Phil_B

I would agree with your thoughts TJ63, its an exceptionally easy bike to ride. I learned on an F700gs which was also a user friendly twin, but the MT is lighter and lower.

Good power too, although I am running mine in so have been keeping the revs pretty low.

Simon

I came to the MT-07 via a TRX850, Fazer1000 and most recently the latest R6. I went to test ride the 09 and left with an 07. The 09 was quite a disappointment (bad combination of Fazer1000 style bonkers engine, horribly sharp fuelling and squidgy suspension) the 07 was a complete surprise and utter bargain. The spec of this bike didn't shout out at me at all and I basically dismissed it on power output. There is something special about how it all comes together with this bike and I am most excited about collecting this bike above any other I have bought in the past. I had an hour test ride with my girlfriend pillion as she didn't want more of the R6 nonsense and with the lower pegs and softer seat she loved it. Now my dad is putting his Tiger up for sale and booking a test ride on one. Enjoy the summer you lot... my garage will be empty until July when it finally gets delivered.

badger27

let me know when she arrives i'm only a few miles away perhaps a trip to watch the super bikes at Donington could be on order

cal66

hi all can anyone tell me where i can buy an aftermarket luggage rack for the MT07 from please TIA

Simon

Well my dad test rode an 07 and now he has one on order too (but not in matching colours!). 1 month down and 2 to go until we both get delivery. Hope CMC turn the PDI round quick or I will be down there doing it myself.