Test drive after mt-07?

amavro

I did a test drive to Ducati hyperstrada and here are my findings :
1. Bike doesn't have this low end torque as mt has. Inside town had to switch down gears more frequently compared to mt
2. Clutch is heavy and when cold not very precise.
3. Wind protection is good besides the small wind screen .
4. Bike is very tall even for me 1.80 and I was a bit scared sometimes although it helps to see above the traffic.
5 . The mt-09 felt faster.

Button line, if somebody wants later to upgrade buy an mt-09 but at the city mt-07 is a fast and agile scooter.

Anybody else have similar experience with different bikes?

loneranger

yeah I was going to buy a street triple before my MT07. Price difference put me off. But I have heard the triumph is a very very good all round bike. May buy one second hand in that purple colour as a fun bike one day. That whistle sound from its triple engine is quality

allyw71

I was given one to play on while my Tiger was in for a service. At 6'6" I found it a bit cramped, but still ride able, and I still managed to get a speeding ticket :rolleyes:

MJH

I have a friend who has a Street Triple that he has let me ride a few times. It is a great bike, but I cannot justify the additional cost over the FZ-07.

D

Deleted member 20

I owned a MT-09 for a short period Feb-March, It's a great bike with plenty of power trough the rev range, I don't need that extra power.. Engine is wider (triple) and poking out leaving less room for my size 13 boots. Beautiful aluminium frame on the 09 but I like the overall design of the 07 better. Have ridden the -13 Street Triple R ABS, it is lovely when ridden HARD, pegs are higher/back and handlebars lower/forward compared with MT07 giving it a more fun but less comfy ride when just strolling around. I did see NOTHING in the mirrors, they're just there for looks. Liked it a lot but the MT07 is fast enough, more relaxed and almost at half the price to buy, insure, service, fuel up etc.