Tailbag

L

Lonerider

Hi,

Here in Canada the FZ-07 will be available at the end of june. I'm looking for a small tailbag (for my commutes) I already habe a bigger one that will for sure fit the FZ-07. My question is for you, the lucky ones that already own the bike.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Can someone give me the dimension of the pillion seat? It will give me an idea for the choice of tailbag. For the last couple of years, i managed to forget the habit of using a tankbag. And liked the tailbag option.

Kipawa

I'm sure my current Kreiga 10litre bag will fit from my existing bike when my FZ shows up!!! Great bag!!!

JimmyRiddle

I'm sure my current Kreiga 10litre bag will fit from my existing bike when my FZ shows up!!! Great bag!!!
You will be pleased to know that when you remove the rear seat there are four little loop tabs that you can pull out, right where you need them for the four Kreiga Alu Metal hooks.

I think Kreiga must have had a word with Yamaha and asked them to put these little tabs under the seat.
It's as if it was made/designed for/with the Kreiga tail packs in mind.

Kipawa

You will be pleased to know that when you remove the rear seat there are four little loop tabs that you can pull out, right where you need them for the four Kreiga Alu Metal hooks.

I think Kreiga must have had a word with Yamaha and asked them to put these little tabs under the seat.
It's as if it was made/designed for/with the Kreiga tail packs in mind.
Awesome!!! However that makes me drool even more waiting for the bikes to arrive here in the new world!!!

Will145

Im looking to buy a tail bag to sit in between my soft panniers so interested to see what bags others have fitted to the MT

Kipawa

Yes it is. Mine doesn't have the metal clips it is one strap front and rear right around seat that clips at top of bag on each side. When I don't have bag on I just wedge the plastic clips at the end of the straps under the grab strap on the seat, works fine. I will dig up pictures I took when I put on three years ago and post later from home. I hated wearing a knapsack (back pack for any Americans reading as I have been down this road before on ninjette.org) and really secure and been through full rainstorm with laptop in bag no issues. Looks pretty cool when off bike too. Love this bag and have the smaller one you can put on top of that bag as well and have carried a lot of stuff when I needed too. Worth the money!

Alex

Does anyone have any idea how a Kriega 20 litre bag would fit on the tail? I understand the 10 litre one fits nicely, so would the 20l version be too big?

pengjn

Does anyone have any idea how a Kriega 20 litre bag would fit on the tail? I understand the 10 litre one fits nicely, so would the 20l version be too big?
I looked on the Kriega website and the US20 looks to fit very nicely on the tail of a sports bike (can't recall which one helpfully). I'm thinking US20 or maybe US30 but suspect the latter would be too large to fit nicely. Did you got the 20?

JimmyRiddle

I looked on the Kriega website and the US20 looks to fit very nicely on the tail of a sports bike (can't recall which one helpfully). I'm thinking US20 or maybe US30 but suspect the latter would be too large to fit nicely. Did you got the 20?

Here is my 07 with a US30 on the Tail. On top is a US10.
They did 1400 miles (2250km) with me from the UK into France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. Worked perfectly... And as I said before the tabs under the seat were made for the Kriega's.

MT07 Kri.jpg

CanadianPride

Amavro, the Bagster Spider looks like a great bag. A few questions: How is the mounting setup on the back of your MT-07; does it feel secure? Also, the website advertises that you can fit a full face helmet inside the expanded bag (when it's nearly empty, of course). Is this the case? If you have any other comments about the functionality of the bag they would be appreciated. Thank you!

pengjn

Here is my 07 with a US30 on the Tail. On top is a US10.
They did 1400 miles (2250km) with me from the UK into France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. Worked perfectly... And as I said before the tabs under the seat were made for the Kriega's.

View attachment 420
Thanks very much indeed - the US30 looks like it fits nicely lengthwise - i'll get that. I'm planning to do the Maxxis Diamond Challenge that I just read about in Ride but starting from London as my first touring experience. I'm EXCITED!! :) Thanks again.

JimmyRiddle

Just googled that Maxxis Diamond Challange and it sounds ace... :)
Good Luck with it. :)

Just for a final piece of reassurance... Here is a closer side on picture of the US30 on the back of my 07...
Tail.jpg

amavro

Amavro, the Bagster Spider looks like a great bag. A few questions: How is the mounting setup on the back of your MT-07; does it feel secure? Also, the website advertises that you can fit a full face helmet inside the expanded bag (when it's nearly empty, of course). Is this the case? If you have any other comments about the functionality of the bag they would be appreciated. Thank you!
Hi Canadianpride,
The mounting is very easy, the only thing you need to do is to use the supplied hooks and hook them underneath the back seat . it is very secure. You can also secure it more if you attach it to the rear footpegs. As for the helmet I have a xxl gt air helmet and it fits inside just fine but I wouldn't leave it unattended.
I

pengjn

Just googled that Maxxis Diamond Challange and it sounds ace... :)
Good Luck with it. :)

Just for a final piece of reassurance... Here is a closer side on picture of the US30 on the back of my 07...
View attachment 450
Perfect! I had already ordered after your first pic but this one is much clearer. Sorry to be a total newbie but what is the cloth thing wrapped around the pillion?

I have no vested interest in Maxxis, actually I don't know anything about bikes (ordered an MT-07 and am now working through my licences) but if you do the Maxxis Diamond Challenge then apparently you can claim a free set of their tyres, which is an added incentive on top of more than a thousand miles of epic twisties and stunning landscapes. Nice!