Stalling issues Poll 2

Did you have the Throttle bodies synchronized at first service?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Has it stalled since Yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Has it stalled since No

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

Ralph

At the request of da1kini

Did you have the throttle bodies synchronized at the first service?
Yes or No
If Yes has it stalled since
Yes or No.

Last edited:

AJ Nin

Could be the cooler weather or could just be the bike is better broken in, but I had stalling issues early on...serious ones the first 2 days...then occasionally, and nothing at all the last 2 months and I ride every day. 1300 miles on the FZ07 now. So if I had to pick something contributing to my stall it would be either the engine not broken in or hot weather or perhaps both. Of course these could just be contributing to some other unknown issue such as throttle body sync. but if it is, I will never know unless there is a recall. My bikes don't return to dealers.

Ralph

I think it's to do with a tight not run in engine and slow for a modern bike tick over,
mine was ok for 200 miles then did it about 5 times over the next 400, after it's first
service it did 800 miles then did it twice in twenty min not done it since now at 1900
miles, belive there may be a recall to have new positive battery leads fitted if so will
give the dealer another grilling but it looks like mine will stop doing it as it builds miles,
pity you cant just turn up the tick over a 100 revs or so till it's run in as I suspect that
would cure it.

towner87

How do you know about the battery leads? Is this common knowledge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph

Not sure how common knowledge it is or if it affects all or just some bikes seems the cable
is to short on some bikes and so is not routed correctly you will get a letter if yours is affected.

Boston

Mine has done 250km. Runs really poor on idle when cold. Have to play with the throttle to keep it running. Spluttering and backfire before engine is 40 degrees Celsius. Stalls if you try to drive away. No service or sync yet.

Ralph

That sounds like a different problem, sound like the engine is not getting enough fuel for some reason,
maybe a temp sensor problem don't think anyone elses does that mine ticks over rock steady at about
2000 revs when stone cold the about 1100 when hot, I would get it looked at should not be like that.

Boston

It runs perfect when warm so it is definitely some sort of cold start issue, maybe it is another problem that does not belong in this thread. Sorry. I will visit the dealer tomorrow due to the wire recall. I'll try to see if they can sort it out then. If I get a proper answer from them I'll let you all know.

sdrio

I think if we can say it's in any way predictable, it's not the same problem. That's what makes the dreaded stall so unmanageable, you never know when it will happen.

Hope you get yours fixed. Mine has been with Yamaha for 3 weeks now, I'm going to chase them for news today.

Ralph

Mine as not done it for ages then on the way home from having the recall done it does it,
doing a bit of testing and found that it seems to pick the revs up smoother in neutral if
the clutch is pulled in, this could be due to the timing being retarded when it is pulled in
so am going to make sure it switches as soon as the leaver moves and just see if it makes
any difference.

Ralph

Have done the throttle body's balance myself, it was very close to right and well within the spec in the service book,
but I did it anyway only the very slightest adjustment needed, it was worth it, the bike is noticeably smoother and
picks up better from tick over than it did, not that it was ever bad it's just better, it as not even threatened to cut out
since in about 200 miles, I could sometimes get it to cut out on purpose but now cant, will have to see how it goes but
looking good, it is noticeably smoother at low speed in high gears, so it's worth doing and getting absolutely spot on.

Noggie

Please update first post with more specific description of the problem.

Are we talking about an engine stall for no reason, I.e when standing with clutch engaged, suddenly stopping while on idle in neutral.
Or if the engine stall too easy when you are engaging the clutch to drive off.

My bike, with just 30km on the odometer, has never stalled on me for no reason, I have stalled it a few times, but that has been my fault altogether.

Ralph

Mine would cut out just as you touched the throttle to pick up the revs to set off it did not do it every time
but annoying and potentially dangerous, balancing the throttle body's seems to have cured it, if yours
does not do it then leave well alone. It's never stalled easily as in you can put it in 3rd gear and without
touching the throttle gently let out the clutch and it will set off no problem the thing has more torque than
a small bulldozer but if it was going to cut it would do it as I said just as you touched the throttle, not every
bike does it and hopefully this will help those that do.

Last edited:

Yaminator

Have done the throttle body's balance myself, it was very close to right and well within the spec in the service book,
but I did it anyway only the very slightest adjustment needed, it was worth it, the bike is noticeably smoother and
picks up better from tick over than it did, not that it was ever bad it's just better, it as not even threatened to cut out
since in about 200 miles, I could sometimes get it to cut out on purpose but now cant, will have to see how it goes but
looking good, it is noticeably smoother at low speed in high gears, so it's worth doing and getting absolutely spot on.
Ralph mate help me out here i have a service manual but i cant find the details about balancing the bodies..? could you assist, Thanks.