Sick Screen !!!

addy

Just such a shame about that logo, it's kinda horrible. I really like the look of the screen and the shape but that logo makes me unsure if I want it or not.

KennyNorge

Just such a shame about that logo, it's kinda horrible. I really like the look of the screen and the shape but that logo makes me unsure if I want it or not.
You could paint it. Not shure how easy it is to remove it. I agree it would look better without.. I am keeping it like this in the start, maybe at a later time I will do something about it :)

Last edited:

Noggie

Vinyl wrap, that should cover it.

I may go that way, going to check out if 3M has a red that matched the racing red color, and some gloss black vinyl.

Flying home tomorrow, and I should have my bike at home after the weekend.

Alex_AC

The bike is mostly complete except for a bunch of detail work and I still have to decide on a graphics theme, but all the major components are in place (with the exception of the tank plastics, DPM windscreen, and hugger). I'll do a complete build thread/mod list when it's finally finished, but these pics should give a pretty good idea of what I've been up to...

P.S. - These pics show the Rizoma Black Aluminum Screen, NOT the DPM Race screen (I bought both because I wasn't sure which I wanted, haha).
Could we know a little bit more about those clipons? it looks f*cking awesome.

Last edited:

pgeldz

Could we know a little bit more about those clipons? it looks f*cking awesome.
Sure...thanks!

I've been hard at work on this bike for quite some time now. It's just about finished. Only thing left is some detail orientated stuff and the new livery. Been coming up with many different designs as of late and finally nailed down what it'll look like when it's painted :)

As for the bars, they are from Suburban Machinery.

I had the Suburban Machinery bars for my SV650 back in the day and they were awesome. It was set up as an aggressive street/occasional track bike and the SM bars were the perfect blend of comfort, style, and riding position for the type of use I wanted, without going to clip ons.

I contacted Terry at SM to see if he would make bars for the FZ-07, and sadly, they are not producing bars for any new bikes at this time. He is transition to making products for the Military, and the only bars he will continue to produce are his best sellers, namely the SV650, and a few others.

All of his bars are basically the same style, but tweaked slightly to fit different bikes and clear fairings, tank, bodywork,etc. We've been back and forth over this for weeks, and after describing the bike to him and what I wanted, he suggested a few bars he had in stock to try out. The end result was his Ducati M1 bar. It was a PERFECT fit. No modifications needed at all, and I have full steering lock to lock without any clearance issues. I told him if that was one of the bars he would continue to keep in his inventory, he could re-brand it as an FZ-07 bar without any issue - it fit that good.

Of course the bar is more forward and much lower than the stock bars, but what's nice is that it's exactly 1 inch wider grip to grip, so a half inch wider on each side. That's really important because usually, when you change to clip-ons they're narrower, so you loose leverage making slow speed turning more difficult.

The SM bars being a half inch wider on each side combat this, and give you stock-like leverage (meaning effortless) ability in all situations. They put you in a much better riding position as well, giving you some much needed weight over the front tire which increases grip, feel, and confidence.

Aesthetically, they are hands down the best (to me anyway, lol). The angular lines work perfect with the FZ-07, and the angles of the bars are parallel with the angle at the top of the instrument cluster. They look like they were made for it, as the cluster just sits perfectly in the center.

The holes drilled in them are for the Ducati tho, but all of them are covered except one by the brake reservoir, and even that one is half covered.

Read more: Oops, there was an error! | FZ-07 Forums

Ducati Monster Handlebars

There are two versions...the M3 pictured on the White bike, and the original M1 bar on the Black bike. The M1 bar on the Black bike is the one you want.

Hope that helps.

:)

- Paulie

pgeldz

So Paulie!
Any more pictures of your bad ass custom built MT07/FZ07? :)
Just a small teaser, lol.

front end.jpg

I got the front end back together a few days ago. The bike actually has R&G fork sliders on it vs the OES sliders in the picture (pic was taken right before I switched them).

I couldn't finish my livery because a few of the decals had to be re-done for various reasons (don't ask) lol.

My graphics guy overnighted me the rest of the livery and I plan on having this thing back together this weekend (crosses fingers)

I'll keep you posted...

:)

- Paulie

Last edited:

SirLightyear

just leaving a comment to get a notification for your finished masterpiece :D I love those handlebars. That price though...And also I am not from the US. How come I could not find any handlebar that looks similar? Another thing is that without those gilles tooling foot pedals adjuster the riding position would be kind of weird. And the fly screen is another thing. Probably will have to save enough to buy all of those at once.

pgeldz

just leaving a comment to get a notification for your finished masterpiece :D I love those handlebars. That price though...And also I am not from the US. How come I could not find any handlebar that looks similar? Another thing is that without those gilles tooling foot pedals adjuster the riding position would be kind of weird. And the fly screen is another thing. Probably will have to save enough to buy all of those at once.
Yeah, I'd say if you do the bars you'd have to do the rearsets also.

As far as the flyscreen, I've decided it looks better without one :)

- Paulie

Noggie

No no.. no pictures Paulie.
I have plans for my bike, and I don't want to end up looking like a copycat......

Just kidding, love to see the result :)