Shiny downpipes

P

Peter

This is my mania. I prefer the shiny downpipes. I try to keep them clean but it seems MT-07 is getting yellow very soon. Made of a strange material.

I had Honda and BMW before and those pipes remained silver like for a week. But this bike is immediately getting yellow after the cleaning.

I use a local chrome polish product. It is effective, takes 10 minutes extra care. But I don't want to do it every day.

Do you take care about it at all? What product do you recommend me to try?

Additional cleaning tips and tricks are welcome too.

Phil_B

It is the stainless steel reacting with oxygen. It provides a nice interesting colour to my eye if kept on top of frequently.

Something like an automotive metal polish I use "optimum metal polish" with either a microfiber cloth or 000 grade wire wool if needed should do the trick.

Last edited:

Phil_B

How are people's downpipes looking after up to a year with your bikes.? Managed to keep on top of mine pretty well and gave them a polish this weekend:

Donut

Aren't the colour of downpipes to do with the heat that is generated. Just leave mine along and see how they develop.

P

Peter

Guys, congratulation. Those pipes are awesome.

Since I changed to Akra it is a lost war. I wouldn't like to post photo about them.

inversteve

Hi Buster, that is one nice bike.

Can I ask you about your Yosh exhaust.
Does it work as good as it looks
Does it run well over all speeds or did you have to get a remap
Will it pass a MOT.

Thanks

Steve

buster

Hi m8
The yoshi is too loud without the baffle !!!!.......And very loud with it in also if you know what I mean ?
But the sound is superb as for running she runs fine no remap required I noticed low down the Rev range seems a bit flat but top end is increased !
But no major differences from stock exhaust.
As for an M0T ? Who knows till its time it's not stamped with (not for road use anywhere ) so it's upto the testers discretion I suppose ?
I still have the standard can just in case she doesn't pass .