Saying Hello is the first step...

Unsterbliche

Hi everyone.

Checking in from South Africa, we are lucky enough to have this awesome little bike come here as well!!!
I am not currently an owner of the MT-07 but would LOVE to own one soon! The plan is upgrading from my 2013 CBR 250R repsol to hopefully the race blue (any opinions about which colour scheme is the best would also be appreciated) MT-07.

This is probably the best place to learn how this bike is to live with, so please everyone, spare no details and either make me dream about the bike or scare me off for good...

Will145

Welcome to the site! have you test ridden one yet? I would say just be prepared to place an order afterwards.... you'll be hooked. They look great in every colour, I myself have it in matt grey.

Your signature made me chuckle - do that on the MT and you'll be pulling a wheelie!

da1kini

About owning the bike I can say nothing but good things. One thing thats slightly negative is that I am beginning to suspect that Yamaha is planning on collecting on the low price with necessary after market parts. For example you can not mount bobbins or bobiners directly on either the swingarm or front fork axis. But you can buy the Billet part called chain adjuster for about €130 that has the bobiner attached :) and so on...

About color, choose the one u like. I mean I have the deep armor version and I like that best. All colors have different little differences, like the deep armor one has white tire things around (don't know what its called in english)

mellanslag

Hi Unsterbliche, welcome to the forum.

A few hours ago, I finally got my motorcycle-license. Until just over a month ago, I had never even sat on anything bigger than 50cc. I bought the MT-07 from a dealership located about 110 km from here, without even trying it out. I don't really have any experience with other bikes, but as a newbie, it's just awesome. I love the weight and the handling, the only problem I've found so far is the price of the akrapovic muffler. According to my local dealership, it's about 957£ (GPB).

I'd say, get it, fast, before they get sold out. I doubt you'd be sorry, especially at that price.

Ellerslie

Hi Unsterbliche, welcome to the forum.

A few hours ago, I finally got my motorcycle-license. Until just over a month ago, I had never even sat on anything bigger than 50cc. I bought the MT-07 from a dealership located about 110 km from here, without even trying it out. I don't really have any experience with other bikes, but as a newbie, it's just awesome. I love the weight and the handling, the only problem I've found so far is the price of the akrapovic muffler. According to my local dealership, it's about 957£ (GPB).

I'd say, get it, fast, before they get sold out. I doubt you'd be sorry, especially at that price.
Hi, the list price for the Ackra is £779 in the uk. I negotiated mine down to £700 when I bought the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-Boss

Hello and welcome! You have many beautiful and scenic roads in SA, hope you will enjoy them on a MT07 soon. I remember some really nice and curvy roads in the Misty Mountains, between Sabie and Lydenburg I think. Where do you live?

Unsterbliche

Hello and welcome! You have many beautiful and scenic roads in SA, hope you will enjoy them on a MT07 soon. I remember some really nice and curvy roads in the Misty Mountains, between Sabie and Lydenburg I think. Where do you live?
Gauteng area, not too many quite roads close by, but some looking forward to finding those hidden gems...