sat nav's

jordatron

Good luck picking your bike up on Friday! I'm getting mine from Saltire as well, but not until 14th June. And, like you, I'm off for an epic ride afterwards - going to Isle of Lewis. I traded in my MT-03 and they've got it up for sale there at the moment.

hey there scoobie, nice to hear from someone else dealing with saltire really happy with all the after sale stuff they give you with the bike but they really are taking their time getting getting the bikes through the shop, was yours one of the may 13th batch?

Scoobie

hey there scoobie, nice to hear from someone else dealing with saltire really happy with all the after sale stuff they give you with the bike but they really are taking their time getting getting the bikes through the shop, was yours one of the may 13th batch?
Can't remember the exact date I ordered the bike, but it was early-mid April. Loooooong wait. What after sales stuff are they 'giving' you? Ya, know, for research purposes... :rolleyes:

I've been looking at other satnav apps for the iPhone and I've come across one called GPS CoPilot which looks good. It's the only (free) one that I've seen that has offline maps AND you're able to adjust the route - without having to stick with the quickest or fastest route - you can pick your own.

Roll on the weekend of the 14th June.

EDIT: cancel that recommendation for the free version of CoPilot. Tried it out on the way to work this morning and it appears that to have it talk you have to 'upgrade'. Ie, pay for the full version. Not ideal at all when you're wanting to listen to the route. Grrr.

Last edited:

jordatron

ha! no it's nothing special just the 3 years free servicing, 3 years warranty and 3 years rac, but i believe they give you that with every bike.

was reading another thread that states the bikes should come with data tag as standard from yamaha so it will be interesting to see on Friday whether or not it has been fitted ( i think some dealers have been neglecting to tell buyers this)