Removing painted plastic fuel tank cover

pengjn

I'm not sure what to call them but I'd like to know how to remove the plastic fuel tank cover because I'm thinning of wrapping it in a new colour. Any ideas on how to remove them and if so is it quick and easy?

Gaz2212

Firstly remove the seat, there is 2 Allen bolts under the rear corner of the seat
Remove the plastic cover up the centre of the tank, 1 Allen bolt then lift from the rear and pull towards the rear of the bike, this will expose 4 more Allen bolts
There is 3 more to undo, large black bolt on side, 1 to the front of the tank and 1 under the seat
There is also a button clip under the panel below the seat, gently push the centre in a small click and this will then pop out
Repeat this for the opposite side

Hope this helps

Gaz

pengjn

Firstly remove the seat, there is 2 Allen bolts under the rear corner of the seat
Remove the plastic cover up the centre of the tank, 1 Allen bolt then lift from the rear and pull towards the rear of the bike, this will expose 4 more Allen bolts
There is 3 more to undo, large black bolt on side, 1 to the front of the tank and 1 under the seat
There is also a button clip under the panel below the seat, gently push the centre in a small click and this will then pop out
Repeat this for the opposite side

Hope this helps

Gaz
Perfect - thank you very much!!

sdrio

Let us know how you get on, I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Pics would be great as well.

pengjn

Let us know how you get on, I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Pics would be great as well.
Sure thing. My bike isn't due until end July and might be a few weeks before I get around to attempting the wrap, so don't hold your breath but I just ordered the vinyl, so it's on my hit list. Apols in advance but it's going to be crazy bright hi-viz yellow rather than Competition White. Awful I know but I'm a newbie and I want the wreckage to be found by the ambulance quickly in the hope that i'll be somewhere nearby ;-)

Pablo_uk

Have a look at Plasti dip paint. Its a matt effect paint that sprays on but you can peel it off like a wrap. Lots of stuff on youtube about it.

da1kini

Amazing! Is it as durable as vinyl film do you know?
I hade my previous bike covered in it and yes it is durable just don spill any gasoline on it cause then it gets hard and melts and it looks like crap and is hard to peel of. I also think that the peeling of is very difficult unless you put on evenly and thats not easy to do with a spray can. Best thing is folio wrap and have a firm do it. Then it is very easy to remove.