Rear seat latch

LiamI

I had my rear seat off my bike while working on it and let it off over a night, sitting upside down. Nothing was ever dropped onto the metal hooks and the seat was never set down on the metal hooks. But right now it's hard to latch. Anyone know? Kinda weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ralph

Make sure you are fitting it right I know I struggle with mine at times but get it right and it just clips on.

LiamI

Well I've latched it numerous times in the past two weeks I've had it, and after I noticed it being a little more difficult to get on, I tried to take it on an off multiple times. I can't figure it out, why it's so tight...

Eddieh93

Ye sometimes it can be a pain in the arse.

Not sure anything can really be done about it, I suppose if you file some metal off its not going to fit right at all and be wobbling around noticeably.

Ralph

Cable and catch moving ok? anything under there that could be stopping it fitting right?
you have to sort of hook the front bracket under as you fit it, sometimes I just cant
get it back easily others it just clicks back it always feels loos but cant be pulled
off without the key.

Yaminator

Maybe the rubber pads under the seat settled to there original position when you left it over night, Maybe thats why your finding it harder to put the seat back on..?

LiamI

Maybe the rubber pads under the seat settled to there original position when you left it over night, Maybe thats why your finding it harder to put the seat back on..?
That actually makes a lot of sense and is a strong possibility

sdrio

Also, there are 4 short fabric loops fixed under there, presumably for attaching a bag or something to the back of the bike. Make sure they're tucked out of the way, one of them could be fouling the mechanism or the hook.

LiamI

Yea I checked those yesterday. Could possibly be the quick disconnect jumper cables I store under there, but I didn't have an issue with them before

LiamI

I looked at it again today. One hook goes into the notch that's cut out for it, the other one pushes outwards to the edge of that notch, not actual going in. That causes the latch to be off from the hole about half an inch so it's hard for me to push in. I can wiggle it around in order to force that hook back into the notch, but not super easy

LiamI

Right, I had to pull them up over it to show where they place. If I put them under the metal parts, I couldn't take the pictures cuz the phone wouldn't fit under there along with my hand to snap the pic. The area of the hooks is just in reference to where they hook under the metal at

LiamI

User error: I kept trying to put one hook in the middle of its notch, causing the other hook to be off the edge of that one's notch. I just have to insert the hooks in the outermost edges of the notches. Had no issues before, I don't know why I changed the way I tried to put the seat in

addy

User error: I kept trying to put one hook in the middle of its notch, causing the other hook to be off the edge of that one's notch. I just have to insert the hooks in the outermost edges of the notches. Had no issues before, I don't know why I changed the way I tried to put the seat in

So the solution, don't think too much just do. I've got the bagster seat on mine and the pillion seat is an absolute pain in the ass to get on, the stock seat I could do blindfolded but this one just refuses to go on sometimes.