Rain!

Igor

Ok so had to take the bike to the "local" dealer for battery lead change. Of course it turned out to be monsoon season here in oslo and got soaked to the bone on the 30min ride.

My gear is about 10 years old so it'll stop a water pistol if I'm lucky!

Anyone recommend good water proof gear?
Have weisse gear now and a rain overall but i still got that "is that the rain or have I pissed myself" feeling.

D

Deleted member 20

Guess there is many jacket/pant/boots/gloves combos that keep riders warm and dry.

I use Richa Spirit C-Change jacket/pants that keeps me 100% dry and warm in the worst of conditions -- and I've been riding 500 km non-stop in +5°C torrential rain. No weak spots since there is NO ventilation. Membrane laminated inside of outer shell instead of separable / hanging loose somewhere inside the garment. Also made in tall/slim sizes if you're built that way. Comes in different colors.

[video=youtube;f_0gJ4lNF-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_0gJ4lNF-E[/video]

I use tested/proven Richa Cold Protect GoreTex gloves when it’s wet and/or cold.
TESTED: Sub-£100 All-weather gloves - Richa Cold Protect GTX - Page 7 - Product features - Visordown

Another test winner in Knox Covert if you want waterproof and leather.
Tested: Sub-£120 waterproof motorcycle gloves - Knox Covert - Page 10 - Product features - Visordown

Then I use highest quality/protection waterproof boots: Lindstrands Champ for winter/cold/touring or Daytona EVO Voltex GTX for summer/sporty riding.

When I’m not expecting rain or severe cold I use my Dainese Racing D1 leather jacket, Dainese Delta Pro C2 leather pants, Dainese Steel Core Carbon gloves and my Daytona EVO Voltex GTX boots.

I’ve spent some 3700 EUR on my latest riding gear, helmet included. Well worth it :)

Start shopping here:
https://www.motocard.com/en/motorcycle-road-gear/jackets/waterproof-2?p=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Noggie

I normally use the following gear.
Dainese Laguna Evo jacket and Pony C2 pants, Dainese latitour short boots and Lindstrands thin gloves with knuckle and palm protectors, my helmet is a Shoei GT-Air.
But this stuff is not waterproof at all, but I don't plan of riding in the rain hence why I got the cheap rain cover as I mentioned above.

Igor

At the moment I've got my old weisse gear which is ready for the bin but also jofama frej trousers with dry way and they haven't leaked but my jacket is a berik leather and it's not weatherproof.

Reckon I just needa jacket. Well a trip across the border to sweden is needed now to get it cheaper!

Think something like that richa one would work.

DeadHead

I've been looking at the Rukka stuff for later this year when the winter hits. I know it's pretty expensive, just when you talk to people who have actually owned it it's more of an investment that is likely to last 10/12years, 5 of that is covered under warranty. I suppose if like me you ride every day whatever the weather then it's probably worth it otherwise there are plenty much cheaper kit out there.
I've been wearing Furygan Textile jacket and trousers, what I find is that they are water proof up to a certain point, the trouble is the water soaks through during the day when I'm at work so come time to leave if feels damp.

KennyNorge

I use the bike every day to work. Live in Stavanger Norway, and have been rain almost everyday this month. I use Dainese goretex (will find the name at a later point) keeps me dry, but when it pores down the most like today, I take on a full body rainsuit over the riding gear. 100% dry but takes a little longer to get dressed. 8°C and rain, but the clothes keeps me warm :)

Jacket (yellow) : Ice evo goretex

Igor

Hah, just seen your setup of shelf and hanger for neatly storing all your bike gear! Jealous now, I'm lucky there's space for my bike in the garage and all my gear has to be hidden in a corner in a cupboard (my wife isn't a fan of biking)