Radiator cover

Tamura

I am not good in hardware )), but I wonder why it's ok to cover the front side of radiator (where dissipation is maximum), but it's not ok to cover the upper edge (where I assume dissipation is moderate)...

sdrio

I know what you mean about not covering the top. That exposed Alu on the radiator is the mankiest bit of the bike. Mine looked a bit weathered when new.

That infinity cover still looks smart though. And perhaps more importantly could save an annoying repair or replacement.

Using the very useful info display... Anyone willing to look at average running temp before and after putting one of these on?
Mankiest bit on my bike is the bit between the saddle and the crash helmet.

D

Deleted member 20

Well done, following the curves of the rad side panels. Looks good.

MeanMachine

yes, very nice! Looks better then all the aftermarket pieces I've seen so far. Strange no one else thought of following these curves. Well done!

xt660isgood2

Nice to see the MT sorted, but as you down there and about to look forward to summer... You really do need to sort that North facing fence out and bung a bit of creosote on it

RichMT

I decided to go with the 'make it yourself' route too and with a cost of under £10 for the mesh and satin black heatproof paint from B&Q, I'm pleased it came out looking like I spent a lot more! Just need to clean up the top and bottom. The silver seems to show fingerprints easily...

image.jpg