R&G's

Yaminator

I just want to let you all know, I was at the show today trying to get a deal for some R&G's Crash bungs they said yea we are doing deals so I tell them I have an MT07 and I'm after such & such, they tell me a price that's the same as everywhere else.. I said come on everything on my bike is R&G,, they didn't compromise.. So I've now learnt they're so stuck up somewhere the sun don't shine.. Moral of the story is they go to these shows for mainly advertisement they have now lost a customer. There is competition and I'm looking to competition to my advantage.. Especially when you look around and see similar products at half the price.. ?

addy

I don't think this is limited to only r&g, you hear the same thing from most companies at shows. I got an email a while back about two rukka jackets that will be at a special "show price" at mcn with infinity motorcycles, these jackets have been this price for months in their store....

Spend 10 mins searching online and you can usually find motorcycle gear and accessories cheaper than stores.

Noggie

I did some research before buying my sliders.
Was on eBay and the "brand" names where all roughly in the same price category.
Then there was the not known brands, usually around half the price, and the Chinese stuff for a fraction of the top brands.
The real question is, is really the Chinese stuff that bad?
If you drop the bike and they do the same job, ruining the near £100 brand slider upsets me more than the £25 Chinese one.

I was actually wondering, if you drop the bike what's going to get scratched? The side cover, rear footrest and possibly the rear side panel, and the indicators
If you have sliders, you save the side panel..... How much is a new side panel??? It's not painted....
So if it's £100, you'll replace that, but you will probably replace the scratched £100 slider too right??? Kind of same same....

But they're nice to mount the GoPro on.... If you get the ones in the right shape.