Question about Cleanliness

Noggie

Wow. Second hand bikes from Noggie sound like they'll be in great condition.
The MT is my first bike, so never sold a bike yet.

By cars are mint though.
Sola an e36 M3 last year, and everyone commented on the interior being in "like new" condition on a 145.000km car.
Also the paint looked great. its amazing what you can do when you spend 10-14 hours on a car with professional tools.
I say I'm an amateur, but I probably do a much better job that your average polishing shop, but I'm not a professional detailer like Paul Dalton.
That said I have got a couple of machines, and have done some wet sanding to get rid of scratches.

by the way. all the pictures in my last post in from Google, so that's not me applying foam on that bike.

bhd

The MT is my first bike, so never sold a bike yet.
by the way. all the pictures in my last post in from Google, so that's not me applying foam on that bike.
Oh what a shame, that was the best bit!
Thanks for all the info Noggie.

POG

I clean my MT with Neat Muc-off on the wheels and engine and watered down Muc-off (50/50 mix with water) on the bodywork i use several different sized paint brushes to get into all the hard to reach places, I then use a chamois leather to dry everything. I then use Armour All on a microfibre cloth on all of the of the plastics including all of the matt stuff, just wipe it on and then polish it off with a second clean microfibre cloth.
I use my bike everyday to do a 40 mile commute regardless of weather and it still looks like new.

Noggie

I guess the best tip I can give to anyone is to look for a de-greaser that is acid free.
It will not be the cheapest ones, but the acidic ones will do a lot of damage to your bike.
If you think that £10-20 for a spray bottle is a lot, go online and look for detailer shops, you can usually get 2l, 5l or even 10l of most degreasers, wheelscleaners and shampoo's, and the price is a lot nicer.
I.e in expensive Norway, you will pay £10 for 1l a spray bottle of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD, and £35 for a 5l bottle.

A quick google and two shops popped up in the UK.

Car Care Products | Detailing Products | Free UK Delivery

Car Care Products | Detailing Products | UK - Clean Your Car

They have the Surfex HD at 6.95 1l and 15.95 for a 5l bottle. I typically mix this 20-30% product and 70-80% water, this is strong enough to clean wheels, so even a 1l bottle lasts a while.

I use a lot of microfiber and towels made for drying cars/bike. I also have an air compressor so I use compressed air to dry those places you cant reach with a cloth.