powder coat some parts

cfsantos

Hello,

i want to powder coat some parts of the bike like mt07 motocage,
but i want know if the protection (fig 1) in the image is plastic or alloy,and how difficult is to remove,the cap (fig2) is there any specific method to take it or
is just pulling?

2014-new-yamaha-mt-07-red.jpg

cheers :eek:

pgeldz

Hello,

i want to powder coat some parts of the bike like mt07 motocage,
but i want know if the protection (fig 1) in the image is plastic or alloy,and how difficult is to remove,the cap (fig2) is there any specific method to take it or
is just pulling?

View attachment 1281

cheers :eek:
I've powder coated some items as well...

Item 1 is alloy and is removed by the two exposed bolts.

Item 2 is plastic and has two built-in tabs on the back side as well as double sided foam tape. The tape was pretty strong and one of my tabs broke off upon removal. Just for reference, the Yamaha Accessory "pivot covers" as they call them by Gillies Tooling are alloy and don't have tabs at all - they just go on using double sided foam tape.

Hope that helps,

- Paulie

cfsantos

Hi Paulie,
but to remove the bracket (item 1)don't i have to remove the cap (item2) first?
i unscrewed the 2 screws from the bracket arm but i can't take it of because of the cap and i was afraid of breaking something...
my question is... i pull all together unscrewing the the 2 screws of the "arm"or i have to take out the cap first?

is there any fotos without the caps to have an idea how it is...

i want to put this caps

under Frame bridge Caps kit (link bracket) Yamaha MT-07 + ABS By 14-

sorry for the english

best regards

Ralph

At the bottom is a plastic peg undo the two screws and if you look behind part 1 at the bottom you
should see it, it is awkward but by pulling part 1 upward rather than outward it come off, it is a
bit flimsy so care is needed, it will come off without removing part 2.