Performance Mods

mrirvs

Don't think this has been posted already but I found it on youtube, the first dyno run sort of posted but even more interesting is the 'wiring fix' they mention. This mod seems to give the same shaped curve with more torque all over and 5bhp extra at the top end. Not sure if this is a mod + remap or they call the mod a remap. Take a look at see what you make of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHUijFtNQ-Y

Ralph

With the SV Suzuki they had differing engine maps for different gears and by linking 2 wires you could convince
the ecu it was in top gear and get full power in every gear, later injected bikes had a much more sophisticated
system that had maps for more gears and took a bit more thought to disable, maybe the 07 as a similar system.

mrirvs

Sounds interesting, although I would imagine our gear indicator would be stuck at 6 lol.

I would imagine the performance part guys will be all over this bike as time goes on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jeppebm

Hmmm how does any average person like me acquire a RE-FLASH like that ..... 230 km/h - that seems crazy. Some of the "topspeed" videoes ive seen on youtube suggests the top speed is 212 ish...

Ellerslie

There is no wind resistance on the dyno. All you are seeing is the gear ratio's top speed, not the speed the bike will actually achieve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

da1kini

There is no wind resistance on the dyno. All you are seeing is the gear ratio's top speed, not the speed the bike will actually achieve.

true and false. No wind, but hey have the bikes rear wheel on a surface that simulate real life resistance.

Ellerslie

true and false. No wind, but hey have the bikes rear wheel on a surface that simulate real life resistance.
143mph in 5th? These bikes do 125mph ish top speed. With a 5bhp increase, that may increase to what? 127mph, 128mph?

143mph is the top speed of the 5th gear ratio, nothing else.

da1kini

143mph in 5th? These bikes do 125mph ish top speed. With a 5bhp increase, that may increase to what? 127mph, 128mph?

143mph is the top speed of the 5th gear ratio, nothing else.
Why make a dyno test if it doesn't gimmick real life and gives a hint about what you can expect after the mods? makes no sense...then its just for fun?

Ellerslie

Why make a dyno test if it doesn't gimmick real life and gives a hint about what you can expect after the mods? makes no sense...then its just for fun?
I think the point of a dyno test is to measure power and torque, not top speed.

I have never seen a quoted top speed for a bike or car that has been measured on a dyno.

You can also work out the gear ratios top speed by working out its distance and speed per 1000 rpm of the engine. I haven't worked it out but I bet 5th's is 143mph or there-abouts. This still does not mean that the bike will be able to achieve this on the road however.

Ellerslie

well maybeit is possible cause its also less weight after the mod. under perfect conditions so maybe..
I would imagine that a naked bike would need 100 bhp or more to achieve 140mph.

I had a Speed Triple with a claimed power output of 130bhp and I'm sure the claimed top speed of that was only 150 mph or so.