Paintjob and macthing colors

jeppebm

Hi guys,

As some of you know im in a competition about some rizoma gear. But when the choice of color come up im not sure. So i began to play with colors on the bike. Meanwhile i visited an open house and ended up buying a new suit.

So now i wanted to match colors - nice or no-go on a streetbike - its a matter of personal opinion :D - so here is some photoshopped layouts.

982969IMG0761.jpgfarvedeskjolde.jpgmore-blue.jpgstripy-feel.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1564.jpg

shadowmonkey

2nd pic looks best with the blue rear fairing and the white front mud guard, as the colours look more balanced within the bike. The 3rd pic looks as if there is too much blue up front. In my opinion anyhow.
If the 2nd pic was up for sale when I brought mine I would have picked that colour..

The pic without the photoshop the one with a cheesy smile under the helmet (lol) the leathers have a subtle blue so don't look to bad. However when you start going with a colour scheme if you change your bike its not normally the same as your leathers.

jeppebm

My favorit is 4th picture. As if you made a BURGER of layers -

WHITE
BLUE
WHITE

Across the bike. Thats the intention anyway. But as you say - blue leather colors will be very difficult to match on blue plastic. 2nd Picture that you like requires a pro paint job on the plastic - of the rear and the short strip on the tank and the sidepanels.

sdrio

You could do all of that with vinyl wrap. Would probably be cheaper than painting, and if you didn't like it, you just peel it off and try again.

I'd also assume it would be even easier with plastidip (maybe not the stripes though).

pgeldz

2nd pic looks best with the blue rear fairing and the white front mud guard, as the colours look more balanced within the bike.
I agree 100%.

I did the same thing as you, lol, going back and forth in photoshop until I came up with something that I liked.

I was working on a speed block design right about the time Gaz2212 posted a picture of his, but mine was based on the 50th Anniversary MotoGP bike. I ultimately went a different route altogether, but here's a rendering of my original idea before I scrapped it. Maybe it could give you some ideas also...

`50th ann FINAL.jpg

BTW, I absolutely LOVE your new leathers! They would go PERFECT with my new livery!!!

:)

- Paulie

Last edited:

Kwills

I agree 100%.

I did the same thing as you, lol, going back and forth in photoshop until I came up with something that I liked.

I was working on a speed block design right about the time Gaz2212 posted a picture of his, but mine was based on the 50th Anniversary MotoGP bike. I ultimately went a different route altogether, but here's a rendering of my original idea before I scrapped it. Maybe it could give you some ideas also...

View attachment 1824

BTW, I absolutely LOVE your new leathers! They would go PERFECT with my new livery!!!

:)

- Paulie
Paulie I love the design of the speed block sticker you came up with. Do you know where I could possibly have it made?

Thank you,

Kyle