Newbie from Hong Kong

wowow

I had a 2011 ER-6n before the MT07. I find the MT engine a lot smoother and more punchy and it doesnt rattle much at 6k rpm and above. The instrument gauge looks great, especially at night. The riding position seems more forward and pushes you to lean out more on corners ( attacking the corner more aggressively ). Suspension is a bit on the soft side but that goes well with Hong Kong's road condition, which is quit bumpy. Overall, its a great improvement over the ER. Issues : i can hear some "ding ding ding ding" sound from the engine bay but couldn't quick make out what is causing it. It only happens when the bike is on the go so I think it has something to do will some loose parts coming into contact with the wind.

Ansan

Hi, WowWow. Congratulations on the new bike! I'm curious why you decided to go for the MT07 instead of the MT09, as the MT07 seems similar power-wise to your ER-6n. I have been riding a Hyosung GT650 (similar to an SV650) for the last two years and am thinking of upgrading to one of the new MT's. I'm just having a hard time deciding between the two models. Did you consider the MT09 before you bought the MT07?