New member. Stockholm, Sweden

Boston

Hi There!
New to this forum. New to MT-07. Bought one of the last 2014, red one, last week. Not new to motorcycles, have been driving for more than 15 years now. I'm a daily commuter and I'm trading up from an MT-03.
Buying the MT-07 was a quick an easy decision, much thanks to this forum. Have had a lot of fun and interesting reading here now. Thanks a lot to all of you! It is a great bike, love it.
I also have had a lot of nice driving even thou the season in Sweden is not the best right now. One thing that I have noticed is the poor idling in cold weather. Before the engine has reached 40 degrees it very often stalls on idle and I have to restart. Driving before that point is not possible. When warm it runs like a dream, perfect. It has only done 250km and I'm running in just a few degrees Celsius so it might be a bit early to judge but have anyone else experienced same thing?
Got the recall letter just a few days after a bought the bike so I have to return to the dealer soon anyway…
Regards! /Boston

20141029_151343867_iOS.jpg

loneranger

Welcome My friend. I have not had stalling below 40 degrees as i oftenest start and go as I am always late for work! best you get it checked. They will probably tell you to let it warm up but mine does not stall so yours shouldn't either i guess.WP_20141017_007.jpgWP_20141017_007.jpg

jeppebm

Ive had my fair share of stalls .. 3-4 of them accoured while running. But after the first service ive only had about 3 stalls - ive ridden 3200 km now on mine and im very new as this is my first bike :). Everyonce in a while i get surprised by a greenlight... and me lack of experience times the throttle and start badly and ends up stalling.

as long as i am aware of my get-go when holding still for a longer periode solves that.

loneranger

yeah its cool. Come sin black deep armour grey or white try eBay gagster mt07 tank cover. i paid about 110 pounds for it

WP_20141017_006.jpgWP_20141017_002.jpg

Ralph

On the back of the cylinder block left side just below the injector body is a sensor with a brass nut just see if that is connected properly.

Boston

On the back of the cylinder block left side just below the injector body is a sensor with a brass nut just see if that is connected properly.
Thanks Ralph! I have checked the connector and also did a visual of connectors and hoses generally on the engine. That part looks good. I have the feeling that at least one of the cylinders is running rich during cold start, it smokes a bit too much and smells fuel. I'll leave it to the dealer to sort out now.