New member checking in

Will145

Hi guys

Ordered my mt-07 in Matt grey (non abs) back in March. It's a painful wait but the dealer has said all being well my bike should be here end of next week! Can't frigging wait. I'm in northants area, between Northampton and Milton Keynes. Currently ride an 06 SV650 which is being part ex'd

Phil_B

Welcome along Will, indeed I hope you enjoy the new bike and the wait isn't too painful.

Are you coming from the 650s or the naked version? Either way, I'd be interested in your thoughts. I very nearly bought an SV as they're pretty cheap new now.

Will145

Welcome along Will, indeed I hope you enjoy the new bike and the wait isn't too painful.

Are you coming from the 650s or the naked version? Either way, I'd be interested in your thoughts. I very nearly bought an SV as they're pretty cheap new now.
Yeah I'm coming from the 650s, half faired version. I admit I probably rushed into the purchase of it. I was in the process of doing my DAS and impatient so when I saw it around the corner, at the right price, I bought it quickly. I didn't test ride it and soon found it quite heavy on the wrists at slow speed riding but it was easy to manoeuvre as it was relatively light. Performance from the v-twin for a first bike was more than adequate, nice and torquey although being a v-twin it could be a but lumpy in town. I didnt find it very comfortable so probably haven't ridden it as much as I could have.

The MT in comparison feels so much lighter and easier to ride, more lively when you pin the throttle back and most importantly to me - comfortable!!

geffd

I'm in the same boat trading in a half faired cbf 600, being tall 6'2" the fairing didn't really do much for me apart from a bit of chest protection, I actually found the mt quieter as the wind wasn't battering my helmet

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk