New helmet for a naked bike...?

Which is the best helmet for my intended use?

• Total voters

Unsterbliche

I was wondering which helmet would suit my riding conditions and the MT-07 (no fairings or wind shield) best:
Year round commuting, hot and cold weather.
Day and night riding.
Rain.

D

Deleted member 20

Always full-face, flip up if you like.
Shoei GT Air or Neotec, both with integral sun visor.
Caberg Modus is dual homologated, you can ride with it fully open.
View attachment 280

Last edited by a moderator:

amavro

Have a shoei gt air and love it , but too bad it doesn't scores well to sharp safety ratings .SHARP Helmets - THE HELMET SAFETY SCHEME. Caberg as and30es said is cheaper and has highest rating and for the greek hot summer caberg would suit more than gt air .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guru Woodman

I've bought a Shark Evoline III last week (in anticipation of buying a new bike)
It is a flip up. I upgraded from a Shark RSF Prisma. It was a great helmet but it was getting old.

I love my Evoline, you can use it as a full face but I noticed that I have been riding open more then I expected.

L

Lonerider

I bought a Shoei Quest last fall. Reviews said that it's a quiet helmet. Ho my disapointment.:rolleyes: My last helmet was a Arai Vector. Way better than the Quest. Ventilation is poor. The Quest offer room to allow motorcycle intercom speaker (ear pockets). It seems that's it's the reason for a low frequency noise. The best helmet i owned was a Arai Astral-x. The Vector replaced it. I should bought the Vector-2 instead of the Quest.

L

Lonerider

I was looking for a new helmet to replace the Shoei Qwest bought last fall. And i discoverd on the net, there's a way to adjust the base plate. I found out that my helmet wasn't pproperly adjust. The fit seem now more tight. I'll go for a test ride to check the result. Here's the link to the Shoei video.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ipQaLeu5s

L

Lonerider

Well, the whistles issues are over. Great improvement. But, my old Arai Vector is quieter. Tried last friday a Bell RS-1. It doesn't fit my head. Tried some Sharks helemt in the past. Same problem.

Irksome

Just bought a Caberg Duke in gun metal grey to go with my Race Blu bike - the grey is identical to the tank panels on my bike.

bram-bram

Roof boxer v8, if you are looking for a different look. Very good for slower rides, well ventilated and awesome visibility with the big visor.

Nuggets

IMG_3383.jpg

I have a speed-R very happy with it, I do get some wind noise and the helmet starts to lift about 85mph (ahem) but a small screen should help. The built in sun visor is really useful, it is also a well ventilated, has a quick remove visor (very good) and comes with a neck shield, the helmet liner is fully removable for washing.

If I was to criticise, the visor lock can be a little hard to un-do on the move but I put this down to it being a new helmet. By comparison my previous helmet Shark Raw, was good but lots of wind noise and the goggles would lift at lower speed, on the plus side it looks awesome and also has removable liner which I have already thrown in the wash a few times without a hiccup.

each to their own though, there is no right answer it's all personal preference, personally I really rate the Shark gear.