Mt07 speedometer help around Reading / Berkshire

Reading-mt07

Hi,

Is anyone here near Reading / Berkshire that could help me out with speedometer issue ?

I have abs mt07 and need to know if a non abs speedometer would work fine with my bike..
Hence if anyone has a non abs bike and lives around reading we could quickly swap speedometers and see if it works ..

Thanks

Last edited:

msesma

According to the part list there are only two speedometers, one for UK and one for the rest of the world. I cannot imagine the reason.

But not different meters for ABS and non ANS models

speedo.png

msesma

I'm from the rest of the world, not from UK :D, so even using that device it is difficult.

My meter can switch from km/h to miles/h and from l/100Km to miles/galon so maybe British people measure engine speed in rad/s instead rpm?

sdrio

I'm from the rest of the world, not from UK :D, so even using that device it is difficult.

My meter can switch from km/h to miles/h and from l/100Km to miles/galon so maybe British people measure engine speed in rad/s instead rpm?
We have to top ours up with earl grey tea once a month.

bobh

It's just possible that there are some countries that don't allow speedos to change from Km/hr? But it looks like Spain isn't one of them!

I don't see why ABS should make a difference. What exactly is your speedo problem, anyway?

Reading-mt07

Speedo

Hi,

Thanks for answers, so to clarify.

There are speedometers for abs version bikes and no abs. I don't believe abs speedometers do anything else other than showing a led light for abs however I'm not sure and I want to be certain before I take a risk and by non abs version for my abs bike.
Hope it's clear ..

I have imported mt07 from Eu country but it can not be switched to mph ( it shows kmph )
The above is not to be discussed. It is really not possible to make my speedometer show mph ( yes it usually is possible to change form mph to kmph )

So in order to get my bike registered I need it to show mph. New speedometer would cost 390£
It is not something I want to spend my money on at the moment.

id like to buy Used non abs version speedometer as its much cheaper than new one, but will it work ??
Anybody knows ?
Anybody around Berkshire that could come round and let me swap speedometers for few minutes ?
Free beer of course ?

Reading-mt07

Speedo

Your image shows abs version ( number starts with 1XB )
Non abs speedos have serial number starting with 1WS

Hi,

Is anyone here near Reading / Berkshire that could help me out with speedometer issue ?

I have abs mt07 and need to know if a non abs speedometer would work fine with my bike..
Hence if anyone has a non abs bike and lives around reading we could quickly swap speedometers and see if it works ..

Thanks
According to the part list there are only two speedometers, one for UK and one for the rest of the world. I cannot imagine the reason.

But not different meters for ABS and non ANS models

View attachment 2761

Darren

Hi, I have copied the text from the image for you, it shows some functions that only work in the UK, Looks like it includes MPG

Push the left set button to switch the display between the odometer mode “ODO”, tripmeter modes “TRIP 1” and “TRIP 2”, instantaneous fuel consump- tion mode “km/L” or “L/100 km”, aver- age fuel consumption mode “AVE_ _._ km/L” or “AVE_ _._ L/100 km”, coolant temperature mode “_ _ °C”, and ambi- ent temperature mode “Air_ _ °C” in the following order:
ODO→TRIP1→TRIP2→km/L, L/100 km or MPG → AVE_ _._ km/L, AVE_ _._ L/100 km or AVE_ _._ MPG → __°C→Air__°C→ODO
For the UK only:
TRIP F → km/L, L/100 km or MPG → AVE_ _._ km/L, AVE_ _._ L/100 km or AVE__._MPG→__°C→Air__°C → ODO→TRIP1→TRIP2→TRIPF
INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL FUNCTIONS
 an instantaneous fuel consump- tion display
temperature mode “_ _ °C”, and ambi- ent temperature mode “Air_ _ °C” in the following order:
TRIPF→km/LorL/100km→AVE_ _._km/LorAVE__._L/100km→__ °C→Air__°C→ODO→TRIP1 → TRIP2→TRIPF
 an average fuel consumption dis- play
ODO→TRIP1→TRIP2→km/Lor L/100 km → AVE_ _._ km/L or AVE_ _._ L/100km→__°C→Air__°C→ODO
If you do not reset the fuel reserve trip- meter manually, it resets itself auto- matically and the display returns to the prior mode after refueling and traveling 5km(3mi).
For the UK only:
Push the left set button to switch the display between the odometer mode “ODO”, tripmeter modes “TRIP 1” and “TRIP 2”, instantaneous fuel consump- tion mode “km/L”, “L/100 km” or “MPG”, average fuel consumption mode “AVE_ _._ km/L”, “AVE_ _._ L/100 km” or “AVE_ _._ MPG”, coolant
order:
TIP
Push the right set button to switch the display in the reverse order.
” and left segment of the fuel meter start flashing, the display automatically changes to the fuel reserve tripmeter mode “TRIP F” and starts counting the distance traveled from that point. In that case, push the left set button to switch the display between the various tripmeter, odometer, instantaneous fuel consumption and average fuel consumption modes in the following
To reset a tripmeter, select it by push- ing the left set button, and then push the right set button for at least one sec- ond.
If the fuel level warning indicator “

CBmoto

For anyone who is interested. There is a difference between the ABS and non-ABS dash. The difference is how they measure distance. The ABS model takes reading from the ABS sensors at the wheels, I believe the rear one. The non-ABS takes the speed from the crank case right out of the engine.

The effect on an ABS bike is the non-ABS dash shows around 30% slower speed and 50% less distance travelled on the odometer. This can be useful if you're engaged in extralegal activities but it pretty much makes it useless if you want to get an accurate reading of speed, distance travelled, or fuel consumption. All other operations are the same on the two dashed.

I have a ABS model bike with the incorrect dash and thats what my Japanese mechanic has deduced.