mt 07 bar ends

kyle72

Hi all

I am trying to removing by bar ends, i thought an allan key would fix this, but dosnt seem to work, it just slips around inside, is there a special way of doing this

Thanks
kyle

D

Deleted member 20

Stock handlebars and bar end weights?
The bar end weights are solid and with a M16 or something thread, then there is a M16 "nut" welded into the handlebar,
Where is the slip, in your allen key contact point or are the weight rotating with your tool?
View attachment 1648

Last edited by a moderator:

loneranger

had dame issue with key slipping in the bar end. Try a smaller and then larger key. I can't recall if i used a smaller or bigger key but it did get none in the end with just regular allen keys.

kyle72

thanks for the replies i finally worked it out, i was using a smaller allen key thinking its where it tapered in, so tried a large one on the outer and work perfect.
Because these are screw in, my new end weights have a rubber insert so when tighten the rubber expands, but i cant get the rubber down past the thread, do i have to rub this thread back to make it smaller.
Or is there another trick to make these fit.

see pic of the bar ends im trying to install
oxfordbarends.jpg

cheers
kyle

spencer

spray the rubber bit on the bar ends with wd40 and screw them in like you would the original ones. then tighten the allen key.