Mirror threads

Torque

I've just got my new MT-07 after a long wait for the dealer to get stock, I'm well chuffed :D Having had a play with the various bits on the bike I've noticed something about the mirror threads. The left hand mirror tightens in a clockwise direction (normal RH thread) and the right hand mirror tightens in an anti-clockwise direction (LH thread). Now I would expect the 2 mirrors to have opposite threads so the mirrors self-tighten in the oncoming airflow, but on my bike the threads are the opposite to this. The effect is that the oncoming airflow would, if anything, loosen them (they are done up quite tight though, so I'm doubting they would shift).

So perhaps I'm being a bit anal, but is this the case on anyone else's MT-07? If so why would Yamaha do it this way round?

TJ63

Mine's the same, but I must admit I never noticed. Thinking about it my previous Yamahas must have been the same, and I didn't have a problem with any of those three.

nobull

Honda I traded in was same, drove me mad blowing back to bars in wind, ended up overtightening it and stripping thread on one - when mine arrives i'll definitely get the threadlock out this time!!