Mirror risers

loneranger

I bought some risers from internet but they don't fit. The supplied threads from RG are anti clockwise and clockwise. My bike are both clockwise threads. So had to return. I went to the yamaha dealer and they tried to fit theirs again RG. Guess what they didn't fit so they are taking up with RG. Can some one confirm if their bikes are same or is mine just a one off? In other words try twisting the top section of the mirror and shaft to undo. They should both undo anti clockwise and tighten clockwise. This is what mine does

busey

Just a thought did you try fitting them to lift or throw mirrors out might be the lift threads are handed and angled outward threads might be standard

TJ63

Yamaha mirrors are usually one clockwise and one anticlockwise, so the MT ones must be an exception.

Trav

The lower mirror threads that attach to the bars are right and left. R&G do supply a right and left hand option for the MT not sure why these dont fit. I took a different approach. Fitting at the lower looks a bit ugly and only raises vertically. The diagonal upper mounts are both right thread but same m10x1.25 as the lower. I purchased the risers for a speed triple which are both right hand thread of this size and have fitted these to the diagonal upper. Looks better and moves mirror both up and outward. Can now see behind! Ordered from demon teeeks as cheaper delivery than R&G.