Mesh/Grill Inserts

craigieboy

Attended the Yamaha Dark tour event at knockhill past weekend and was having a good look over all the bikes as most of them lots of the extras added on them. Liked the Grill inserts so ordered a set up and installed today. Downside is to install the grills, you have to take all 4 of the fairings off. Did'nt take too long as i've had them off before, Some pics below :

inversteve

Was wanting to make it to Knockhill but is a little bit far.

Your indicators look really cool what type are they.

What mods do you have planned next.

Steve

craigieboy

Hi Steve,

It was a good day out, the event was quiet but in the end it was better for us, it was a group of us that went through and we had test rides out on the mt-09 and mt-09 Tracer for a bit of fun. There was bikes on the track in the morning worth a watch and afternoon Stunt show was good, don't think ill ever be able to do that on my MT-07 ha ha.

Indicators are Rizoma Graffio. Very happy with them much sleeker and discreet but at the same time much brighter and eye catching, So both safety and looks.

Next on the cards is a rear hugger, air filter, and some pieces getting painted black. Also got a touring screen on the way.

Any plans yourself ??

inversteve

My plans for my bike are in the next two months.

White mesh front & rear
Tank pads
Emax black & white hugger
Bruudt tail tidy with new indicators

Winter when bike comes of road.

Going to send seat away to be recovered and made more comfortable with extra foam and gel pad. My bonnily bum just finds the seat so hard after about 30 miles.

Next year.

Replace exhaust, I really like the look of the Yoshimura R-77 in stainless steel.

But have read that it is race only so what would happed at MOT time and what about insurance company or police.
Will the bike need remapped.

So very much open for suggests and help and the exhaust front.

craigieboy

Sounds Good.

Yeah seat isn't very comfy. Had a seat on an mt-07 with the comfort seat at Knockhill and it feels just the same (waste of money), so what your doing would be the best idea i think.

Also planning on getting the Ermax hugger (Note most ermax body parts seem to be made to order so take a while to arrive. My undertray took a month just a heads up for you for ordering)

Yoshimura does sound and look great. Check out Russian riders install/review video if you havent seen it (love his vids very well made) :

Sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quTMCIAQW2Y
Install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEDDWtrIR0

Not sure in regards to MOT's and maps for the Yoshi , thats what drew me back to the Akra as its Yamaha approved.

Last edited:

craigieboy

Thanks for the heads up Menzic. Didnt get very good service from Intobikes myself.

Have had good service from jesters trick bits though if any help.

Noggie

I got my ermax parts from Silverstone motors in France, took 2 week to get them, painted to match my bike, so I'm very happy with their delivery time.

I do like the red mesh, I'm seriously considering them, but I have a red bike, with a few extra red bits, so red mesh may be going over the top.

CVSensei

I can second the service with Jesterstrickbits. Fantastic service after having to amend my orders twice and even got given some complimentary bar ends with my order!

Great selection of parts as well, spent close to a grand with them.

Dmtm2005

I got my ermax parts from Silverstone motors in France, took 2 week to get them, painted to match my bike, so I'm very happy with their delivery time.

I do like the red mesh, I'm seriously considering them, but I have a red bike, with a few extra red bits, so red mesh may be going over the top.
I have a red bike with the red mesh and in my opinion they trim it off very nicely .

Noggie

I have a red bike with the red mesh and in my opinion they trim it off very nicely .
Yes. But I also have the Ermax undertray and rear hugger in red. I like red accents, but I don't want it too look like a x-mas tree if you know what I mean.
I'm planning of putting on some red stuff at the front, probably on the front fender side panels, and perhaps a DPM screen in red, also been looking at the Moto-Cage red radiator covers, and than I'm worried the mesh just might be too much.
At the moment I feel I have a lot of red in the back, but nothing in the front, and feel I need to balance it out by adding some in the front, adding the rear mesh might upset the balance, and move me closer to the x-mas tree look :)

You can see some pictures of my bike here.
http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/1207-bike-mods-getting-closer.html

CVSensei

Yes. But I also have the Ermax undertray and rear hugger in red. I like red accents, but I don't want it too look like a x-mas tree if you know what I mean.
I'm planning of putting on some red stuff at the front, probably on the front fender side panels, and perhaps a DPM screen in red, also been looking at the Moto-Cage red radiator covers, and than I'm worried the mesh just might be too much.
At the moment I feel I have a lot of red in the back, but nothing in the front, and feel I need to balance it out by adding some in the front, adding the rear mesh might upset the balance, and move me closer to the x-mas tree look :)

You can see some pictures of my bike here.
http://www.motorcycle-talk.net/forum/mt-07-fz-07-modifications/1207-bike-mods-getting-closer.html
DPM does a red screen?!

maddy51

Next on the cards is a rear hugger, air filter, and some pieces getting painted black. Also got a touring screen on the way.
Hi craigieboy just wondering as I am thinking of getting a screen for my mt07. You already have one but say you are going to get touring one as well is that because the one you have doesn't protect you as much as you want. Reason is I cant make mind up which on to get was going to go for powerbronze one my self

craigieboy

Hi craigieboy just wondering as I am thinking of getting a screen for my mt07. You already have one but say you are going to get touring one as well is that because the one you have doesn't protect you as much as you want. Reason is I cant make mind up which on to get was going to go for powerbronze one my self
@maddy51

I've just fitted it my new screen today keep an eye out for a post about it as I haven't seen anyone with this screen yet so I'll put up some pics. The Ermax one I have fitted in the pics offers a little bit of protection but it is the shorter one as there is two sizes of that screen. Kind of fell out of love with the Ermax screen to be honest so thought I'd try another screen and one a little bit taller.