Lambda 4 wire connector

brianj

I am looking ahead to fitting a Scorpion exhaust.I will need to remove the Lambda and to avoid twisting the 4 wires when unscrew from exhaust I reckon I need to separate the connector block which is behind the trim plate.The "block" appears to have 3 "nibs" which lock the 2 halves together,if I am correct how do you serarate the 2 halves? Advise please as I don't want to be stuck at the first stage.Regards Brianj.

Eddieh93

Loosen the Lambda sensor but don't remove it. Once the exhaust is free from any fittings just twist the exhaust round and round to undo the sensor until the sensor comes out and repeat in reverse for installation.

rappetor

I just disconnected the sensor (indeed the block behind the trim, which you can remove without much of a problem). Can't really help you, because I just disconnected it and wasn't much of a special job really. Just look at it closely and see how it fits. You can use a very small flathead screwdriver to make things a bit more easy.

I had to remove the exhaust two times, did it once with just rotating and the second time with disconnecting the sensor. Disconnecting is much much better (for the wires and for you, much more easy :) ).