Just a Reminder.... ( quite graphic)

ReGo

Jesus! I'm glad he is alive. There is a lesson to be learned here:

I had this happen to me once but luckily without the incoming truck. It was a "blind" double-apex right-hand corner. I came at the right speed to do the first part of the corner, but when I saw the corner suddenly tighten further I panicked and hit the brakes which made the bike stand up and go straight onto the incoming lane. As I said, luckily there was no incoming traffic, but I nearly pissed my pants. Immediately after I remembered Keith Code's talk about our Survival Reactions getting in the way of safe riding ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWLIfChUwg @11:10) and ever since I have practiced the psychological strength to lean further and keeping myself from braking in similar situations. If the rider on that video had leaned his bike just a bit further I believe he would've missed the truck. This is easier said than done, and even easier while sitting on the couch watching videos on YouTube but I believe it is a good idea to practice this out there so that if one day you really need it you will not let the Survival Reactions ruin your day.

Noggie

yeah, I posted that about a week ago since it was an MT07. Threads called MT97 vs firetruck.
There is a few different videos out on Youtube on this particular accident.
The guy is lucky to be alive. One news video I saw he mentioned he got scared when he saw the firetruck, braked, and the bike straighten up. you can actually see that in the video.
I think if he had been able to suppress his survival instinct to break he may have avoided the firetruck.

Noggie

on the story in the Norwegian news there was an interview with the guy, and I believe he said he panicked and hit the brake making the bike straighten up.
The crash was played in slow motion, and you can see the bike straighten up.

this is a Fox news video on it talking to the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxDTAw42sM