I've just noticed something about this forum

Yaminator

On peoples Subjects theres a hell of a lot of views but only a few replies
Are the people of the MT a proper lazy lot and just sit on the fence
To me it seems they want everything for nothing? reflects why people purchase the MT i suppose. Lol ;)

Noggie

I always prefer quality over quantity.
If I have nothing to say, or someone else has said it, there is no reason for me to repeat it.

Having spent years on many different forums I have only stuck around a few.
One thing that seems to be normal on the more free speaking forums is that eventually people start bicker and harass each other, and the then it's no fun anymore.
Some users just want to tell "the world" what they think of various things, there is no fun to find your bike on someones "worst looking mod's ever" thread.
I have seen users selling stuff, where the buyer has threatened with "knocking on your door with a baseball bat" because the product was not meeting the buyers expectations, and people buying stuff and never receiving the goods.

The best forums I'm on are either strictly moderated and no OT stuff, the posts are few but very helpful, or pretty much consists of a bunch of people to more or less know each other in the real world.

I'm quite happy with this forum, few yet good threads, people are helpful and not overly critical. So far this is to my liking.
If people start posting all kinds of silly stuff, or making fools of others....... I'll sign off for good.

ReGo

Well, I'm sorta new to this forum but so far I have always had good replies to my questions. Another thing I noticed is that most of my issues/questions are already answered somewhere here so a simple search has helped me a lot. I can imagine that this is the case for most people, hence the "more-views-than-replies". It just shows the quality of the forum, I guess.

BTW, if you've gotten to the point where you're comparing number of views with replies you may be spending too much time in these forums and too little time riding your bike ;)

Last edited:

Yaminator

Thanks for the replies guys, you've made me understand the psychology a bit better of when people use forums..