Is it just me, or do motorbike testers who hang off the bike with their knee out

sdrio

when being photographed going round bends look really daft?

kneeout.jpg

You occasionally see it on the road as well. Leather clad R1 rider does dramatic and noisy Grand Prix style knee down circuit of the Elephant and castle at 14mph.

Guru Woodman

No, no you're wrong. It is purely functional.
They do this to air out the nether regions, specifically their v@gin@

D

Deleted member 20

Think it helps me getting around bends faster and safer when riding a bit harder. Don't think I ever been caught on camera riding (last 30+ years) so I can live with the odd chance of looking really daft.

sdrio

Think it helps me getting around bends faster and safer when riding a bit harder. Don't think I ever been caught on camera riding (last 30+ years) so I can live with the odd chance of looking really daft.
Yeah, I get that it shifts the COG so the bike doesn't need to lean so far, which makes complete sense on a track where they're taking hairpins at 50mph.

But these press photos - there's no way that guy in the photo above needs to be doing that. It seems to be a standard shot in almost every review.

To me it looks stupid. Maybe I just don't have enough to do this morning though.