Iom tt

Donut

With approx 7 weeks to go to the start of the 2015 Isle of Man TT races I just wondered whether anyone else will also be taking their MT07 to the island?

I'll be there and out and about between Wed 3rd June and Sat 13th June.

mudrock

Sorry, would love to go, but work is getting in the way.

I am sure you will have a great time.
Enjoy, and don't forget to report back with photos

Cheers

Dmtm2005

With approx 7 weeks to go to the start of the 2015 Isle of Man TT races I just wondered whether anyone else will also be taking their MT07 to the island?

I'll be there and out and about between Wed 3rd June and Sat 13th June.
Arrive late on Tuesday 2nd , depart late mon 8th , if you spot me say hello ................ I'm the one on the red MT wearing a red Simpson crystal and if I haven't got the lid on just look out for the red Mohawk ! :p

Donut

Arrive late on Tuesday 2nd , depart late mon 8th , if you spot me say hello ................ I'm the one on the red MT wearing a red Simpson crystal and if I haven't got the lid on just look out for the red Mohawk ! :p
We also arrive lateish on Tuesday 2nd.

Are you on the 18.15 Liverpool to Douglas that arrives at 21.00 as that's the boat that we should be on (weather depending)?

Steam Packet Company

Steam Packet Sailing Information line 01624 645745 is updated regularly.

Check the above for updated sailing info if needs be.

I'm on a deep armour MT with a Honda 650 Bros, a 1992 gixxer 750 and a easy to miss black blade.

Watch out for me on the boat with stripy green surf trousers :eek:)

Ralph

I wont be going to the TT but can listen to Manx radio in the car, we can see the IOM on good days
from the village slip way, you can listen on line or see web cams from Manx Radio for those interested,
You can listen live or catchup TT stuff tends to be on the AM channel.

Manx Radio - The Nation's Station

Webcams | Manx Radio

Last edited:

Donut

Dmtm2005 - good to meet you on the ferry and even briefly saw you on ITV4 just before the presenters went into the restaurant in Peel or Port Erin (I think).

For mudrock, here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_PARfQGk0M

bike at Niarbyl

11 Niarbyl - MT07 & Explorer.jpg

Bike at Fleshwick Bay taking a well earned break :D

12 Fleshwick Bay - MT07.jpg

If anyone was on the Island you may have seen us wandering around - we tended to stand out quite well. This was us (minus me) at the Bungalow.

112 Bungalow - Twisty Bits.jpg

and finally a pic of the bike (complete with Ventura luggage) loaded up just before we came home

16 Kirk Michael - MT07 rhs.jpg

Hope you like.

Last edited:

Noggie

I watched the madness on TV, I'm surprised not more people die in this race, the margins are...... well... non existent.

This is without a doubt the most extreme form of racing on the planet.

Last edited:

Dmtm2005

Yes Donut nice to meet you too , and yes it was me on ITV4 but it was at Douglas harbour , you can just make out my bike behind Craig Doyle , guess the red mohawk did the trick aye ! :)

Donut

Yes Donut nice to meet you too , and yes it was me on ITV4 but it was at Douglas harbour , you can just make out my bike behind Craig Doyle , guess the red mohawk did the trick aye ! :)
Dave,

Yes the hair did stand out nicely, a bit like out t-shirts :D

I thought it was Douglas harbour when I saw it but my mates convinced me that the restaurant was in either Peel or Port Erin, so thanks for that.

Hope you enjoyed your TT as much as I did.

Roger

buster

image.jpgimage.jpgI too was there in practice week love,d it !!
also met the king of the mountain John Mc Guinness.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
We stayed in a Homestay property a detached bungalow right on sign post corner just as you come off the mountain course
Well that's one off the bucket list and I will be back had a great time .

Attachments

Last edited: