Infinite Performance Radiator Guard for the MT-07

Will145

Yeah that's it although it was still touching. My next advice from infinite was to take the guard off and bend the top.... Which I've done as much as poss. bit miffed to hear they've fixed the issue.... Yet people who ordered the guard earlier have chipped fork clamps

Last edited:

bones

Will be interested how the put this right with you Will ....
I would be so peed of getting my first damage however minor !!!
Keep us posted mate

Will145

Well cos I've bent it back the chips are very minor, probably more minor than the others who fitted it first as I had a heads up.... Albeit after I ordered mine. It's still touching slightly but the damage won't get any worse now so I can't be bothered to change it. Luckily it's barely noticeable on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bones

But all the same ..... Maybe a tail tidy or something would soften the blow !! ��
Good will .... Gestures go a long way

Will145

Haha I wish! I certainly think the company should contact all customers who purchased it before the modification and offer a good will gesture.

J-dan

Hi I have took a photo to show you guys the damage. That's with the guard being on about a month.

TJ63

Mine's worse than that, but fortunately the clamp is silver on mine so the damage is not too obvious.

I've just made the adjustment of pushing the cover back while tightening the bolts and there's about 1mm of clearance now.

Mushymi5

Well picked my MT up today, got home and fitted the guard and it looks like it's the same poor fit as others, I've pushed it back and mine doesn't clear the clamp on the forks!

I'll have another go tomorrow, but this may have to go back. :(

Mushymi5

Well picked my MT up today, got home and fitted the guard and it looks like it's the same poor fit as others, I've pushed it back and mine doesn't clear the clamp on the forks!

I'll have another go tomorrow, but this may have to go back. :(
Well this is poorly designed, going to have to drill holes to provide clearance to the forks, not good, as it's a good piece of kit!

Will145

I personally think that the company should contact every one who purchased then cover, before they fixed it, and offer a replacement/ refund.