Infinite Performance Radiator Guard for the MT-07

Infinite

Infinite Performance MT-07 Radiator Yamaha MT07 Bike.JPGRadiator Yamaha MT07.JPGradiator guards are now available at Infinite Performance Carbon Fibre Motorcyle Accessories for £49.99
They are manufactured in the UK from 1.2mm T304 stainless steel which is then powder coated in satin black.We use stainless because if you use aluminium or mild steel it will corrode if teh coating gets stone chipped. With stainless this doesn't happen.
Each one is laser cut with the bikes logo.
Fitting is simple. It uses the four mounting bolts for the plastic side pods. Simply remove the side pods. Fit the guard and then refit the pods. 5 minutes.
Will not effect the temperature at which the bike runs.
The best protection available for the vulnerable radiator as well as improving the looks.

Infinite

Rad Guard

Infinite Performance MT07 Radiator Guards are now available at Infinite Performance Carbon Fibre Motorcyle Accessories for £49.99

The guards are made in England from 1.2mm T304 stainless steel which is then powder coated in satin black.

Each guard is laser cut with the bikes logo and is cnc punched and folded for a perfect fit.

To fit simply remove the plastic side pods. Fit the guard in place. Refit the pods. 5 minutes and its done.

The guard offers maximum protection but does not restrict airflow enough to cause overheating. (The bike will run at 80 degrees =/- 10).

Radiator Yamaha MT07.JPGRadiator Yamaha MT07 Bike.JPG

mrirvs

I've fitted this guard and I'm finding that when turning the bike full lock either way the bottom fork clamps press and bend the top of this guard. There's no adjustment in the fitting so I can't move the guard nearer to the radiator.

Is anyone else affected by this?

J-dan

I am also affected by this just went to check it has worn the metal on the fork clamp. but I cant see anyway what we can do to fix this? other than remove it as like you say there is no adjustment.

mrirvs

The guard has about 15mm clearance between it and the radiator element so there is scope to manufacture these to fit a bit closer to the radiator. I've taken mine off and am going to see about returning for a refund. It has scored the fork clamps and potentially restricts the lock so this really isn't acceptable.

loneranger

yep mine hits it too when I lock to the right. where did you guys buy it. I bought mine from infinite via ebay

busey

Not seen one of these but is it possible to turn it around the other way to make it sit closer to the rad take it they screw on with side pod fixings

Will145

I haven't received mine yet but going to get a refund if the above is the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will145

Emailed them yesterday but haven't heard anything as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J-dan

I also bought but from Ebay but from knee down.

It is only a bit of rubbing which a small modification could sort.

But then you don expect to d this to a £50 item.

Will145

Hey guys have any of you had a response from the seller yet? I've sent two emails but haven't heard anything and the phone number given just rings out.

busey

All these complaints about £50 guard makes my home made one seem a bargain at less than £15 :)

Mushymi5

Mine was(grill) delivered yesterday, I pick the bike up on Saturday, so will check and advise if mine is the same, hope not!

Infinite

I spoke to will145 about his issues. I think the problem came from not pushing the radiator backwards while tightening the bolts. This allows the guard to hang forward and come in to contact with the bike. We have made a small mod to our stock of MT07 guards which prevents this being an issue again even if you do not push the guard back when fitting.

Will145

I had to gently bend the guard inwards at the top - it's still touching but barely enough to do any damage or go through the hassle of paying to return it

TJ63

I spoke to will145 about his issues. I think the problem came from not pushing the radiator backwards while tightening the bolts. This allows the guard to hang forward and come in to contact with the bike. We have made a small mod to our stock of MT07 guards which prevents this being an issue again even if you do not push the guard back when fitting.
Perhaps you should add this to the printed instructions? I just checked my bike and the fork clamp has been damaged on both sides.

I presume you mean to push the cover back while tightening the bolts, not the radiator?