I have had a thought !

KEVINJSTANLEY

While contemplating comfort for future trips, I went to a local dealer and looked at a Goldwing, it gave me a thought, which is.
is it possible to find a bracket which will allow me to put a back box on top of where the passenger seat would be, and then of course find a back box similar to the gold wing with all its padding.
not sure how it would look but it may well be an idea worth looking at.
your thoughts...if any :)

Marcus

Think this might help you.

Saw someone else try this project and liked the idea myself.
Used:

SW-MOTO Tech plate pillion seat. (Good quality, easy to build but tight to push to lock into bike)
Givi M5 Universal Plate (Standard plate, careful when mounting to base plate with hole positions)
Givi 46L Trekker Top Box

Overall in normal riding position the box is about 6 or 8 inches from the back. Only touches if I sit up/back at traffic lights etc. Have found you can't put to much weight in the box; no more than 10kg for sure. Not the Givi box/plate but the SW-MOTO pillion plate that would break first I feel.

One plus side is it takes all the crap would go up my back from having a tail tidy installed.

Here's some photos.
IMG_7015.jpgIMG_7016.jpgIMG_7017.jpg

KEVINJSTANLEY

Many thanks Marcos and goloso.
you are stars, the hepco site also have a English dealer £108 for the rack and £104 for the SW Moto however the which of these best suit I have no idea.
Marcus how was the balance of the bike as ur box is quite tall and large would a bit smaller help if there is a issue ?

on the plus side there is something I can do for my proposed euro trip all I need now is to nick a back box of a gold wing you know for cup of tea and arm rest :)

shadowmonkey

This is how have toured a couple of times.

I must say though that you don't really feel it on your back as you are leaning forward just a small amount not to feel it.

Didn't buy the adapter though, just fastened it to the frame as shown in another post.

Last edited:

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi shadow that looks the biz, can you remember what heading the post was that showed you how to fit it without a adapter..is that a givi box ?

nobull

Think if I were going to do that I would buy a second hand pillion seat, strip the padding off & mount the base plate (or even the box itself with no base plate) permanently to plastic of pillion seat with bolts, shouldn't be too difficult. I would then carry the original pillion seat in the top box to put on when the top box is removed.