Hi! I'm Meek from SoCal.

motomeek

Hey!!

New to the forum. Just filled out the sticky called "Member Interviews" if you're interested. Been riding non-stop for the last year and a half, but I've had my license since I was 19.
No longer own a car, so bikes are all I have to get anywhere. Looking forward to learning more about this bike and sharing experiences.

I've had the bike for about a month now, but just got it back last week from Yoshimura R&D. Allowed them to borrow the bike to produce parts, which my bike now sports > The full-system exhaust and fender eliminator. They'll probably make an announcement in the near future. For now, looks like I'm the only one riding around with this stuff.

Anyway, down to meet new people & go for a ride if anyone happens to be in the area!

PedroPat

Please post some pics of the Yosh products on your bike. Also if you can expand on the new exhaust, sound, material, expected cost and ease of instillation.

Welcome to the forum.

Pat

In Nor Cal

afwestpunk

pretty dope. I wish I lived near a parts manufacture that would like to borrow my bike for R&D.
Read about 2Bros reaching out to a rider and now Yosh.

motomeek

Please post some pics of the Yosh products on your bike. Also if you can expand on the new exhaust, sound, material, expected cost and ease of instillation.

Welcome to the forum.

Pat

In Nor Cal
Here are two pics I have. This is the close up the exhaust.
This one has a carbon tip, but I can't answer really any of the other details since that isn't something they shared with me.
I can only think that they would be comparable to the FZ-09 prices (which are $895 for this one, and $995 for the full carbon)

Installation was done by a professional, so all I can't really say much on it. The sounds great, but I've only had the pleasure of hearing what it sounds like with the baffle in.
Since this is part of their race series, knowing me, they placed it in so I wouldn't cause too much of a ruckus on the streets.

With the baffle in, it has a nice deep rumble. I wish I could post a video, but any video I've tried to take doesn't do it justice.

Here's a side view that shows the fender eliminator.

The installation of this was done by a professional as well, but I had to put the license plate on myself. The brackets that hold the lights use the same screws and bolts that keep the license plate and frame together. Having an extra hand to hold the light bracket to the frame while placing the screws in made the job easier; I was having a tough time keeping the pieces together when I tried to do it myself. Going off FZ-09 prices, this goes for about $130.

Attachments

PedroPat

Meek

The bike looks great! Yosh makes first class stuff. Is the sound baffle on the exhaust easy to remove? Not that I'm a big fan of overly loud bikes on the street.

Thanks