Hi from Clitheroe UK and help/advice please!

R6owdlad

I am an R6 owner aged 61 (ok I know a bit old!) but am seriously considering buying an MT 07 as a replacement due to finding the R6 a bit uncomfortable after riding for a couple of hours or so.
Has anyone out there got any experience of going from R6 to MT07 As I'm a bit concerned that I will miss the power of the R6.
Any comments or advice would be much appreciated!
It will be a big loss having to lose my R6!
Thanks folks
Tony

daveflave

Have you ridden an MT-07 yet?

I've been riding 20 years and had allsorts of bikes and used to do 10 to 15 track days a year and I love the MT-07. It won't blow your socks off with its acceleration but it will go around corners and pull stonking wheelies ;)

Alex_AC

If you want more punch and yet like the concept of the mt-07 you could try the mt-09 if the "little" extra money is not a concern.

Jiro

Hi

I have been riding many years. I know Clitheroe - great rides around the Dales. Unfortunately I went on a test ride with the MT-09 - really really good. Got back on my MT-07 and it was like being in an old Morris Oxford. Its taken me three weeks to start enjoying the MT-07 again.

I would thoroughly recommend the MT-09 if you are used to an R6

xt660isgood2

If in any doubt? You need to test ride one.

Myself like many others on here with many years and bikes of experience like yourself. Jumped in with both feet and ordered without test riding.
I haven't heard anyone say "wish I had my old bike back?" Say no more
I ride a lot with 2 mates, one has an R6 the other a really old R1 "nice colour" Them 2 and my mt parked in a row a couple of weeks ago in a busy pedestrian area
not one person looked at my bike, they were all over the other 2
I think the point I'm trying to make is: We have all been accused of pub talk "yeah, I ride a blade etc" myself included. But when you look at the puney little MT next to a couple
of sports bikes it "looks a bit sad" in their eyes.
But as anyone who has owned/ridden one it rides like a 125cc with a 1200 bandit engine (ok slight over egg but we know what I mean)

R6owdlad

Thanks for your replies folks. Think I will prob sit on this one till Spring then make a decision. Don't really want to lose my R6. Had a good ride today and think I would miss it...