hepco and becker instrument riser

ortogo

I find the instruments on my mt07 awkward to view when wearing a full face helmet, I,ve recently seen an instrument riser by hepco and Becker, has anyone fitted one of these, if so are they an improvement? The other question does anyone in the UK stock this item, a quick Google search didn't, show any in the uk

KEVINJSTANLEY

I would agree with you about the clocks being difficult to see without a conscience effort to look down. I would be interested also in your riser that you mention.
hopefully someone can let us both know

Magsz18

Unfortunately for me, i believe the screen needs to be moved UP and FORWARD for the optimal viewing angle.

Unfortunately, this places the screen directly where the ignition is...hrmph...

At 6'0, i find it incredibly hard to actually view my gauge.

ortogo

here is a link to the hepco and becker instrument riser i was talking about
Hepco & Becker Instrument Riser - Yamaha FZ-07

from the picture it appears to raise the instruments but not push them forward, it looks like you can still get the ignition ok, unfortunately you could do with a picture taken from the riding position to see how much of an improvement it was. I woul guess that you could fit a touring screen ok which i don't think you could with the gilles item. With P&P ithe Hepco riser works out around £40, which I wouldn't mind paying if it worked ok

ortogo

Had an hour spare this afternoon, so undid the 2 bolts holding the instruments and repositioned them roughly where the hepco bracket would hold them, and I,m not convinced it will make that much difference. I think the instruments need to be forward of the ignition switch, I might have a go at making up a temporary bracket to see if it works. I think the bracket will have to use the top set of bolts on top of the headlight to work, will post some pictures when I get a chance

addy

Unfortunately for me, i believe the screen needs to be moved UP and FORWARD for the optimal viewing angle.

Unfortunately, this places the screen directly where the ignition is...hrmph...

At 6'0, i find it incredibly hard to actually view my gauge.
I agree with this, with this bracket raising the screen up a bit you still have the same problem with needing to tilt your head down to view it. The only way it would be better would be having it more forward so you can glance down.