Hello from Spain (Seville)

xlucavix

Hi guys!

It's been a week now since I got my MT-07 (white). Parts added: Puig Touring Screen and Rizoma Engine Guards "B-PRO"

I'm really happy with it, but I'm still adjusting, as it's my first bike EVER! (not even a scooter, yeah...).

So, I'm still struggling with the braking and the balance when riding in the city. But not a fall till now... (crossing fingers)

Any advice?

P.S. The tickling noise is killing me...

Attachments

Alex_AC

Bienvenido!

Welcome!

If by tickling noise you are talking about the chain sound, my dealer told me that was due to the kind of way the chain is mounted. I cannot explain it because I can't even remember what he told me, but it seems that is something related with the design of the bike (like the chain moves on a rail instead of being covered at its sides???). It's not gonna cause any problem or is anything wrong with your bike either. At least that's what I was told. I've ordered the arrow exhaust so I won't listen the chain anymore, just the precious engine :p

Will145

Welcome to the forum! Just take it easy, get a real feel for the bike before wanting to push it. This bike is incredibly light and so easy to ride in town and traffic, it'll all come in time. I wasn't confident at filtering before but now? All the time! Oh and enjoy it!

xlucavix

Bienvenido!

Welcome!

If by tickling noise you are talking about the chain sound, my dealer told me that was due to the kind of way the chain is mounted. I cannot explain it because I can't even remember what he told me, but it seems that is something related with the design of the bike (like the chain moves on a rail instead of being covered at its sides???). It's not gonna cause any problem or is anything wrong with your bike either. At least that's what I was told. I've ordered the arrow exhaust so I won't listen the chain anymore, just the precious engine :p
Yeah! I was referring to the chain noise. I know (now) that it's normal, from what I've been reading in many comments. That's a relief, sure. But the noise itself is really bothering. I guess that the person in charge of designing that part of the bike didn't have the brightest idea.

About the exhaust, when's '2 brothers' putting theirs on the market? The one they have for the MT-09 sounds just espectacular. And yeah, this is the 'solution' for the tickling... And a nice one!

Thanks!

xlucavix

Welcome to the forum! Just take it easy, get a real feel for the bike before wanting to push it. This bike is incredibly light and so easy to ride in town and traffic, it'll all come in time. I wasn't confident at filtering before but now? All the time! Oh and enjoy it!
I'm trying to take it real easy, but sometimes it's just so hard. I hope to be patient enough and learn everything the safe way.

Thanks!