Hello from Macclesfield

Jon

....also in Cheshire and pretty close to Derbyshire roama119 and TJ63!
Am picking my red ABS up on 12 or 13 April after ordering on 12th March.The wait is killing me!
I'm a born-again type - my first bike was a FS1eDX in Kenny Rogers speedblock yellow back in 1976. (God I loved that little bike/sewing machine!)Never took my test when it was easy so had to do it the hard (and expensive) way before Christmas (for the non Brits: For a full "A" licence we need to take a day's basic training, a computer-based hazard avoidance test and a similar multiple-choice "Highway Code" test, then a module going round cones and swerving, doing u-turns and emergency stops etc in a car park, then a 40-minute observed ride with the examiner following you....)
I was torn between something older I could "fettle" - maybe an old FZS600 (I always loved them) or a newer CBR600F, or a brand new machine. In the end I couldn't resist a new machine and it came down to an NC700/750X (hated the engine),a Versys (not sure about that light...) or the MT-07. The price of the MT-07 was a big plus, and my test ride just blew me away. I put down my deposit as soon as I handed back the demonstrator. I went for the ABS just because I could and know its saved my bacon in the car several times!
So I am really learning again: It'll take me a while to get my knee down, but Its going to be fun getting there. Seriously considering some R&G crash bobbins...

TJ63

Interestingly, on the press launch there were no crashes, and you know how journos ride.

Apparently there were however some scraped number plates!

geffd

That was my first bike too, fsie not the dx model that had a disc brake, then a suzuki gp100, I then passed my car test and never went on a bike till 3 years ago when I did my das.
Bought a suzuki gs 500 before I had passed my test (crap bike) then bought a 06 cbf 600 ok bike but heavy cant wait for july for the MT

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Phil_B

Welcome Jon.

The memories of mod 1 and 2 are still close and fresh to my mind. (Oct last year)