Hello from Belper Derbyshire.

Holbrook Nailer

Hi all just got round to my first post. I own a Matt Grey MT 07 which I purchased from CMC at Clay Cross in February and collected in March. I must have been one of the first to ride the bike and I don't regret buying the bike at all. The reason I went for the MT is because it's a sensible but exciting bike to ride and due to me coming back to motorcycling after a 22 year gap it's the first motorbike to appeal.My last bike was a Suzuki GS 1000 which followed a few yamaha machines notably an RD 400 which I purchased following passing my test in 1976. I have only done 600 miles so far due to work and the fact I only aim to do dry miles but if I do go out I head for the Ashbourne - Matlock - Buxton area always keeping a lookout for other MT 07s. With me being in my mid fifties I note it nice to know that a lot of other more mature bikers have purchased this model. Hope to meet some fellow site members very soon.

Jon

Welcome

Welcome Holbrook! Your story is similar to mine (see my "Hello from Macclesfield" post earlier in this section") I am also a 55 year old fair weather type, but have been caught a couple of times in our weird weather lately. I also got mine from CMC Clay Cross. I tend to go West towards you so may bump into you sometime.

Possibly when I come for my speed awareness course after getting flashed in Chesterfield (at 37mph!!!) when taking my bike for its first service.

Ah Well....

Holbrook Nailer

Sorry that you got caught by camera Jon you were very unlucky as they don't always have film in them. I have been on the Ashbourne to Leek road to practice my speed control as in my youth I was a bit of a speed merchant and also I have promised my wife that I will be sensible but I know it's not going to be easy at least you can avoid the points with these courses.

Will145

Welcome to the forum Holbrook! It's interesting that the majority of mt07 owners here are indeed in the 'mature rider' category, shall we say, especially as yamaha aimed it at the new/younger rider. Just shoes how appealing this machine is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alex6063

Hey guys..same story here..22 years off bike and now back..was on mostly Honda for 20+ years..CB750, VF750 and GoldWing..chose MT07 after testing both MT-09 and MT-07..09 is just far more snatchy and powerful..scary in fact. It is less comfortable as well. You have to grip the tanks most of he times..I had this delima as the prices of both are expensive in Singapore..about US$15k and the difference between the 2 is less than US$1k..tough choice..loving the 07 so far..

TJ63

Hello from another Derbyshire biker. Probably catch you in Matlock Bath sometime. I'm there most weekends.

TJ